What am I doing wrong?

lovebug33

I paid yesterday and I got on the carnival site and pressed view documents and I got NOTHING. AARGH! What am I doing wrong? TIA!

Do you have Adobe Reader installed? Are you using Firefox?

Fred

You need to use IE.

(Fred I see we both answered about the same time.)

I went to FireFox website and saw they have a new FireFox 2, I don't use FireFox but I wonder if the Ver. 2 will have less bugs.

Fred

I went to FireFox website and saw they have a new FireFox 2, I don't use FireFox but I wonder if the Ver. 2 will have less bugs.

Fred

No it doesn't work any better. Without give you a ton of details it has to do with the behind the scenes coding on the site. I am using FF 2.0.0.14 right now and it is great for most things, but there are times you need IE or even Opera to get it all done.

Fred

I've got them both. Most code (if not all) for the web is written for IE. Firefox can see most of it, but some things will work only with IE. That is the problem.

BTW, most hackers and virus writers specialize in tweaking with IE, not Firefox. That is the only significant difference between the two 99% of the time.

Fred

Version 2 has been out for a long time (they are about to release 3) I'm currently using Firefox 3 RC 1.

The problem isn't with Firefox per se but the way the edocs program was written, it isn't using web standards and was designed for IE.

Version 2 has been out for a long time (they are about to release 3) I'm currently using Firefox 3 RC 1.

The problem isn't with Firefox per se but the way the edocs program was written, it isn't using web standards and was designed for IE.

Thanks for the info, I will download Ver.3 when it comes out.

Fred

You have to wait a few days and then go to My Documents on the website, not the link where you see your sailing--it never works for me, so I have to view them through My Documents panel. They do take a few days to process everything, and then you will see what you need. You do need Adobe. The newer version of Adobe is loadable in Vista, but Vista lets you know it has some problem with it, but allows you to run the program or search for a resolution--don't bother, no resolution found!

Archived