PLEASE HELP - need advice Windstar v. Star Clipper

robynindc

Hi there -

My husband and I are looking to cruise the Greek Islands in July, and we have two options:

(1) Star Clipper, INSIDE CABIN, 10 day itinerary

(2) Windstar Wind Spirit, Oceanview (Cabin 101 - all the way in the back in the lower deck, or Cabin 138, up front in the lower deck)

We have a mild preference for the itinerary of the Clipper, and the reviews of the Clipper are uniformly positive, whereas the Wind Spirit seems to be not as pleasing for everyone. On the other hand, INSIDE CABIN! Bunk beds!

We are at a loss on how to decide between these options. Please help! Thank you so much!!

- Robyn, Novice Cruiser

I have not yet experienced Star Clipper, but expect to within the next year or two.

I would sign up for cabin 138 on Wind Spirit in a heartbeat. I was in #135 for both of my Windstar cruises, Wind Star (Costa Rica) and Wind Spirit (Caribbean); both were marvelous travel experiences, and I liked that cabin location.

I think you'll find most of the criticism of Windstar has been directed at Wind Surf rather than the two smaller ships, Star and Spirit. I have been on 17 cruises, and Windstar is my absolute favorite thus far. I wish they would expand their choices of itineraries in the Caribbean; that is why I will be trying Star Clipper -- I prefer to go to new places.

Thank you! Very helpful. Especially with the cabin location. I think we are going to do the Wind Spirit trip; everything I could find on Star Clipper was fantastic, but a lot of folks noted that the inside cabins are really suitable only for children (or the most "seaworthy yachtpersons" - which we likely are not).

Thanks again!

Robyn

Archived