Pre Cruise Bora Bora Questions

macbest

We are taking a pre cruise through Regent to Bora Bora in July this year. Here are my questions:

The 2009 brochures mention that breakfast is included daily. I can't find anything that says this for 2008. Does anyone know for sure? This is a huge benefit as breakfast can run $50 per person per day!

You spend one night at the IC in Tahiti on the 4 day pre-cruise. Given that you land from LA at 9pm, it doesn't seem like you would see much of this property. If you signed up for an overwater bungalow in Bora Bora, do you get an overwater bungalow for the one night in Tahiti?

What time do they generally have you leave Tahiti to fly over to Bora Bora, early morning, mid day, afternoon?

What time do you generally leave Bora Bora back to the ship?

Will the IC Tahiti keep your luggage (you are only allowed 44 lbs per person to Bora Bora) while on the pre cruise and then transfer to the ship automatically?

Thanks in advance for any and all answers/advice.

It has been a while since we stayed at Le Meridien on Bora Bora Precruise. This year we did La Ta'haa precruise. I don't think you will get an Over Water Bungalow the first night on Tahiti. I think everyone gets run of the house roms/suites. For one night or day room use they are very nice, in my opinion. Breakfast is included at the IC Tahiti, it is a buffet. I believe you will be on a flight to Bora Bora early to mid morning and our experiences are always that your room is ready for you at the resort when you arrive. We have not stayed at any of the Bora Bora properties currently used, however.

I suggest you ask your TA to find out if breakfast is included in your precruise stay, ours was not. I usually eat light at breakfast so we didn't feel the pain too much. As is consistent with the polynesian attitudes, some days they seemed to have waived the price of breakfast, some days they don't?????

one year we were on a @5 pm flight from Bora Bora to Tahiti to meet the ship. Le Meridien had day rooms to change and shower before leaving, no charge. Ditto this year from Ta'haa. In 2006, we left Tikehau much earlier @12pm and actually had to walk around Papeete before being alowed to board.

As far as luggage, in my opinion if you have more than 44 lbs in each bag you are overpacking, which we always do(sigh). I don't know about having extra luggage held by the IC. Maybe you TA can figure that on out. There is a baggage sorage place at the airport taht will hold luggage for a moderate cost. We have not used this service as we just plan to pay the extra fee on Air Tahiti(we have never been charged).

Hopefully some of the regulars will weigh in and give you some other points of view. Needless to say, I envy you!!!!!

We recently did a OWB pre-cruise on Moorea but there are some questions I can answer. You will not have an OWB in Tahiti. We did have a lovely room with a great view but there was little time to enjoy it as we got in late and had to be out of the room by 11 I think. Breakfast was included with our room both in Tahiti and Moorea so I would assume yours will be also but you should check with your TA. As far a your luggage to Bora Bora, the planes are very small and you will have to leave some luggage behind. You can check it at the hotel and retrieve it when you return. However, it may be easier to store it at the airport so you can retrieve it when your flight from Bora Bora gets in, otherwise you would have to stop at the IC on your way to the ship. Some other PG cruisers were also at the IC and went to Bora Bora and their plane left in the AM. Our return trip from Moorea was timed so we could go directly to the PG from the ferry and board the ship. I would assume your return flight would be timed the same also. There is no early boarding on the PG.

Have a great time

Hello...

We just got back from Tahiti and had similar questions as you do.

We had one night at the IC due to time of arrival ATN. We did stay in main building (lagoon view) and this was much more convenient for luggage transfer than having it hauled down to the over-water bungalows for a short overnight stay.

We left one piece of luggage at IC (no charge there, but charge at airport) and were taken to the airport for flight to Bora Bora for pre-cruise stay.

We had planned to have transportation service from IC pick us up at airport with our stored luggage on return from Bora Bora and take us directly to ship. As our flight got back at 11:30 and embarkation wasn't until 3PM, we actually went back to IC (which is between the airport and the ship dock), had a leisurely lunch, and then were taken with ALL of our luggage to the ship at 3PM.

There is no safe place to check in/store luggage near the ship before 3PM and it's really too hot to sit there and wait in the sun for several hours.

The IC transportation service is run by a young man named Greg and his wife, Katie (though the hotel). They were very professional, warm, always on time and we were quite happy with the way things worked out.

Excellent trip! Have fun!

murphysmum;)

This was very helpful. But I was told that the IC would actually have the bags brought to the ship when you returned from Bora Bora since the pre-cruise was booked through Regent? Any one hear this?

We stayed at the IC in Moorea. It was nice and the bungalow was fabulous. Food was OK but very expensive. There is a small sand beach which we never used. We went swimming in the lagoon or off our bungalow. The staff were very friendly. The resort is somewhat isolated so if you want to do some shopping or whatever, you needed your own transportation or to take the local bus. There was a shuttle to La Petite Village available for a fee. The van from the ferry stopped at the Pearl to drop off people and it looked very nice. We love Moorea as it is very laid back, more so than Bora Bora.

Archived