RCCL Credit Card/Charter Cruise

We are going on a chartered cruise in October...does anyone know if I sign up for the RCCL credit card if I will be able to use my OBCs for the chartered cruise? The TA told me there would be no difference with my C&A, stock holders OBC, etc...but I am not sure I trust his information.

We are going on a chartered cruise in October...does anyone know if I sign up for the RCCL credit card if I will be able to use my OBCs for the chartered cruise?
I don't see why not. Probably the best way to get a definitive answer would be to call the RCCL Coupon Redemption Center at 888-305-4626. Not sure of their hours but you may not be able to contact them until Tuesday with this being a holiday weekend.

Remember you are not purchasing the cruise from RCI, but the charter company, so you may not get the benefits.

I tend to agree with kkorman. On our charter we didn't get the platinum discount on the balcony and we didn't get double points for using our RCCL credit card.

We did, however get C&A credits and the coupon books once onboard.

###

I tend to agree with kkorman. On our charter we didn't get the platinum discount on the balcony and we didn't get double points for using our RCCL credit card.

We did, however get C&A credits and the coupon books once onboard.

Well, may be. While I can understand the C&A balcony discount being denied and no double points on the RCCL Visa, I would still think the Visa OBC from rewards points would be a whole separate ball of wax. But what do I know. ;)

Hope the OP will come back and let us know what they find out. :cool:

I am going to call the number you provided and I will post the information I receive. I got the feeling my TA, which I have to use because it is a charter through their company, would have said yes if I asked him if the sky would be pink on my cruise!! It is not his fault, he is just reading what is in front of him. He had no knowledgeable answers to my questions. This being my 5th RCCL cruise and my 10th cruise overall, it is very hard to give up control to a TA.

Thank you for your thoughts and information.

Spoke with RCCL this AM. The only benefit I can't use is a reservation discount. C&A, stockholder credits, RCCL credit card points all can be applied toward OBC and gifts. I will continue to post as I work through the process.

If this is on the Jewel going to Bermuda, I took this cruise 2 years ago with the same TA...

I was able to use my RCCL VISA coupons for the OBC as stated above and I did receive the C&A Coupons and gifts and they had a welcome back party onboard.

Also - I was able to get double points for onboard charges while on the Jewel using my VISA, just didnt get double points for the actual cruise being charged since the TA billed it through themselves and not RCCL.

I hope it still works the same for you.. it was a great cruise (but not the TA involvement..grrr) :mad:

It is the same cruise. I am glad to hear you liked it. I am from the Boston area, so can't beat...no flying, especially these days. Just keeping my finger's crossed for good weather. Thanks for the info.

Archived