Gondola Excursion & Dinner in Venice

Has anyone booked a Carnival excursion for the nighttime gondola ride in Venice? Do you need to leave from ship with excursion or can you meet at Gondolas? Would like to incorporate a dinner in Venice. Any suggestions?

What is the travel time/cost to get to the area? Thanks!:)

I would also be interested in any responses.

I booked the Carnival night time gondola ride in Venice. I wanted to make sure we did it and the best way was to have it pre-booked before we left. We paid $99.00 per person for the 8:15 PM (I think that's the time), but from what I have heard from a co-worker who just went to Venice, it is expensive regardless.

I was afraid if there was a couple of hour wait for one, I wouldn't do it. I did not want to leave Venice and not at least take the gondola ride.

I'll let you know when we return in Sept from the trip if it was worth it.

Karen

FYI...we booked a 35 minute ride at 7:30 with Viator for $125 for two adults -we paid $250 total as we are bringing our 5 and 6 year old with us. It includes seranade but is a shared ride. We plan to bring some wine, juice boxes and chocolate for the ride. 35 minutes is about perfect for the kids and us. Viator has some longer, private and combo options that might be of interest for you. Best of luck with your trip plans.

I thought perhaps it might be a good idea to mention something about the gondolas. There are plenty of them in Venice and its quite simple to just walk up to any of the several gondola docks (there is one right next to St Marks Square) and hire a gondola. The going rate is about 80 Euros (a little more at night) and that should get you a 40 min ride. That cost is for the entire gondola, and they will hold up to 6. Most of the organized tours we have seen will pack 6 in each gondola and go in a group with one of the gondolas having a singer. The bottom line is that 2,4, or even 6 can hire a gondola for about $150 total, but you might not get any singing.

Hank

Archived