You Tube Movie of Edventures

jennat

I made a movie from our Edventures day. You can kindof see the types of things you get to do. Wonderful day, as I stated before. I wish the quality on Youtube was better but it is what it is! Enjoy

Boy, that looked like you guys had a blast. Seeing all you did though, I'm betting you were all exhausted...looked like a really full day!

We have a trip booked with them in July. We are doing the ceynote swim, zip line, and the turtle swim...really looking forward to it. It's my 15th wedding anniversary and my wife is totally in the dark that I'm taking the whole family on a cruise! I'll use your video to show her what we're doing...

One question that comes up is whether or not you tipped your guide at the end of the day and if so, how much. Also, did you stop somewhere for lunch? If so, where, did you invite your guide to eat with you, cost, etc. I try very hard not to be the ugly American by doing the expected, if it is even more expensive, thing for the locals.

On the quality of the video, it is not bad at all. Definitely paints a picture for those of us going in the future and there is enough detail that I now have a better idea of what to expect.

What type of camera/enclosure did you use for the video camera? The underwater video pieces were very cool.

Sorry for all the questions...you can probably tell I'm excited about springing this surprise on my family and want it to go flawlessly!

Thanks,

Bill

I am sooo glad you are going. we had a blast and even went and rented "The Cave" (a horror movie filmed in Dos Ojos, last night. Dos Ojos was a cool experience and didn't take that long. Maybe you should think about adding it. It is in the same "reservation" (like the indian ones in the states) as the zipline. The zipline, per Eddies words is fast...as in the quickest $15 bucks you ever spent, fast. Not to say it is not worth it, just to the time factor. The water, at Dos Ojos is crystal clear (although, I know it didn't look it) and the only fish are teeny ones and very few) The stalagtites and stalagmites will blow you away.

As for the camera....I saw a review on something Mexico five days before I left and the pics were so great that I rushed out and bought it. It is an Olympus underwater camera****** http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Olympus-Stylus-850-SW-8-Megapixel-Digital-Camera-Pink-STYLUS850SWPK/sem/rpsm/oid/204929/catOid/-16941/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

It looks and acts just like a digital camera (same size) and is 8 mega pixels. I absolutely love it. Especially the video it took (as you can see....and in "real life" the quality is even better. It is not a video camera, but a camera that shoots video. I haven't gotten any actually prints back yet that were taken underwater but the ones taken above water were great so (based on what I see in the view finder) I can't imagine that they won't be. I am soooo excited about it, as I am an avid picture taker and so often in the past, entire days got missed as I didn't have a camera I could take with me. If you buy from circuit city, search on line for a coupon, use that and have them ship it to the store in 21 minutes....couple that with buying it in a color and you can get it for $250. Sooooo worth it!

As for tips...First of all, it is a cash only day, so be prepared for extra (in case there is something you want to do on the fly. For instance....our group hired a private guide for Tulum (which was great) for $40 divided by 4 couples ($10), Did you bring water from the ship? Eddie sells it ($2), we bought a cervasa after the ruins ($2 each), we wanted to tip the Tulum guide ($5), to hold the monkeys we wanted to tip ($5 or whatever), if you decide on the fly to add the zipline or cliff jump (he would take some people and take you elsewhere which seems like a pain but was smooth as butter), Lunch or Dinner which we ordered before we went out onto the boat at Akumal and ate when we returned. No, you in no way feel like you should buy. He didn't sit with us, don't know where he was.....Dinner was about $25 plus tip for nachos, steak tacos, a corona and margarita and a diet coke. Yes, I did tip Eddie but what I wanted more money for was to tip the driver. As wonderful as Eddie was, and he was, I feel like he is making plenty on the trip....I really wish I had given it directly to the driver instead...although I have no doubt Eddie will share it, he said as much. There is also YUMMY candy sold at the end by a local vendor. Try the caramels! (another $5) None of this is necessary and never, ever do you feel like you have to do anything. You know how it is with some excursions......to leave the boat, place your wallet in the bucket...have a good day. BUT.....I always hate wanting to have money or CHANGE and not having it. That was one thing I noticed was I always wanted my $20s in smaller bills (of course we were there for a week). I know you are not doing all the above but maybe it will help someone else.

Sorry for writing so much!

Archived