Diving in the Mexican Riviera

whirlybird3

I dove last October in PV and Cabo.

Water temp was about 84.

Vis in PV was about 40 ft, Cabo was 80 ft.

Cabo was the better dives. Saw lots of starfish, scorpion fish, sardines, and seals. Even saw a seahorse

Mark

I dove on a Carnival Pride excursion in Puerto Vallarta (late November 2005). A 100 yard walk from the ship to the dive boat. Well organized but large group (40-50 guests on the boat) broke into dive groups of 6-8 per dive master. Equipment was average. 40 minute boat trip to large uninhabited island off shore. Lots of fish but they had chumed the water so not real natural. Visability was ok. Rock formations with some coral. 2nd diive was in 25 feet with sandy bottom and lots of other snorkling excursions close by. Sorry, I do not remember the dive company name or dive location name.

Caution: the water temperatures quoted were for the summer. The water is very cool in Cabo in the winter. It's warm enough to dive in PV, but I didn't think it was a very good dive. They took us to the arch (los altos?) and it was crowed with many scuba and snorklers.

Archived