Room 10630-too high up?

Gingee

This is the highest I have ever been for sleeping on a cruise ship. Now I am kind of leary. I am afraid we will be swaying a lot. As you can see, I have been on other cruises but the highest we have been is on level seven on bigger boats. I don't get motion sickness just get kind of nervous in rougher weather and I know you feel more motion up higher. Any feedback on rooms up there even in bad weather. This is on the Spirit.

This is the highest I have ever been for sleeping on a cruise ship. Now I am kind of leary. I am afraid we will be swaying a lot. As you can see, I have been on other cruises but the highest we have been is on level seven on bigger boats. I don't get motion sickness just get kind of nervous in rougher weather and I know you feel more motion up higher. Any feedback on rooms up there even in bad weather. This is on the Spirit.

We haven't cruised on the Spirit but we do always stay on deck 9 or 10.

We cruise in the fwd., cabins so we do feel more motion in a storm but I love the higher cabins and the fwd., section.

DH suffers with seasickness so we move down to the Atrium if the seas get rough during the day.

We cruised in 10638 on the Pearl earlier this month and loved it. It is more aft however. We've never been lower than the 9th floor; the higher the better for us. You say you don't get motion sickness but if you are even slightly prone to it, they say lower and mid section is the best. I personally love the rocking motion to lull me to sleep. Even relatively rough seas don't bother me.

I didn't mention that "relatively rough" was 12' to 17' seas and deck 7 was closed off to passengers. I've heard of worse though! We are wondering what to expect in November sailing out of NYC?!

I didn't mention that "relatively rough" was 12' to 17' seas and deck 7 was closed off to passengers. I've heard of worse though! We are wondering what to expect in November sailing out of NYC?!

You should be fine in November sailing out of NYC.

We survived in an AC (fwd.) coming back to NY in the N'Easter...nothing can be worse than that..a great adventure w/great pictures.

I think you would have enjoyed it;)

I looked at your signature to see when you might have sailed in the Nor'easter back to NYC but didn't see it. Was it November time of year? We were wondering if we should pack Alaska/Caribbean, sigh... hopefully, not. I still have arm strain from all the bags we had coming back from Alaska.:o

i loved deck 9 on the spirit and deck 10 is even closer to the action.

unless you get high surf, it's not that big of a difference from deck 7 to deck 10. we had very smooth seas, out of new orleans, didn't feel any sway.

I looked at your signature to see when you might have sailed in the Nor'easter back to NYC but didn't see it. Was it November time of year? We were wondering if we should pack Alaska/Caribbean, sigh... hopefully, not. I still have arm strain from all the bags we had coming back from Alaska.:o

We cruised the N'Easter back to NYC in February 2006..departed NYC in unusually warm weather...didn't even bring coats with us.

Came back in the N'Easter....needed coats, boots, and DH was in a wheelchair as he broke his foot right before we cruised.

Imagine pushing a wheelchair through a NYC blizzard:eek: Even NYC was deserted! We were forced to stay in NYC overnight as our driver could not make it to the pier.

We now bring "layers" of clothing no matter where we cruise to/from when we cruise in winter months;)

We cruised the N'Easter back to NYC in February 2006..departed NYC in unusually warm weather...didn't even bring coats with us.

Came back in the N'Easter....needed coats, boots, and DH was in a wheelchair as he broke his foot right before we cruised.

Imagine pushing a wheelchair through a NYC blizzard:eek: Even NYC was deserted! We were forced to stay in NYC overnight as our driver could not make it to the pier.

We now bring "layers" of clothing no matter where we cruise to/from when we cruise in winter months;)

Oh my! If this were to happen to us, where would you recommend we stay? We've no NYC smarts. I watched the "Out of Towners" today; that was enough to scare us plenty!

Oh my! If this were to happen to us, where would you recommend we stay? We've no NYC smarts. I watched the "Out of Towners" today; that was enough to scare us plenty!

LOL...you are too funny and I know you are adventurous.

When we finally got phone service on the ship...(phones and internet were knocked out until we got to the harbor...and then we (I) watched to see if the ferry could make it to the ship...or we would have stayed out there until the next AM which, actually would have been a better solution) ...I called my sister, who called several NYC hotels and finally got us a room at one of the Marriott hotels.

We met several cruise passengers at the hotel who also could not get back home. Many laughs:)

Don't worry about the "Out of Towners"..think of the stories you could post;)

NYC is not scary..lots of fun..even in a blizzard!

Archived