Questions re Jade

We are off on Med cruise on Jade later this week - just a few questions - we are in a cat AF wheelchair accessible mini suite (11650) - anyone stayed in one of these - if so are they significantly more spacious than the other mini suites?

This is right at the Aft on Deck 11 - am worried it could be very noisy...

Is there a DVD player in the stateroom? And if so, is there a DVD library?

What toiletries are in these category rooms now?

Will we be entitled to eat breakfast in Cagneys or is that only the higher category suites?

Are the beds/pillows etc comfortable? Only on the Spirit they were awfully hard, even with the egg crate toppers. Am thinking of bringing my own mattress topper!

Any recommendations for excellent menu choices - we love good food and on the Spirit a few years back I followed CC recommendations for Choc fondue, eggs benedict etc and never got a bad meal.

Thanks in advance!

"Is there a DVD player in the stateroom? And if so, is there a DVD library?

Will we be entitled to eat breakfast in Cagneys or is that only the higher category suites?

Are the beds/pillows etc comfortable? Only on the Spirit they were awfully hard, even with the egg crate toppers. Am thinking of bringing my own mattress topper!

Any recommendations for excellent menu choices - we love good food and on the Spirit a few years back I followed CC recommendations for Choc fondue, eggs benedict etc and never got a bad meal.

Thanks in advance!"

I can answer a few of your questions. Cagney's is available to AE suites and above. AF is not considered a suite. The Jade had new bedding put in when it was in drydock in Cadiz earlier this year. You may be able to select your type of pillows. I know that is an option in AE and above.

For food choices we enjoyed Cagney's, Papa's and the sushi restaurant. We also have great food in the main dining room. We did not enjoy our meal at Le Bistro. We were put off earlier in our dining experience in Le Bistro by our waiter, it spoiled the entire evening for you.

You will love the aft cabin. We had friends staying in the HC cabin, the balcony is wonderful. Vickila stayed, I believe in the cabin you have reserved, you might want to post a new thread with her name in the title to ask her questions.

Have a great trip, we loved the Jade.

We are off on Med cruise on Jade later this week - just a few questions - we are in a cat AF wheelchair accessible mini suite (11650) - anyone stayed in one of these - if so are they significantly more spacious than the other mini suites?

This is right at the Aft on Deck 11 - am worried it could be very noisy...

Most people have reported that there might be some noise from above, but not bad enough to fuss about.

Is there a DVD player in the stateroom? And if so, is there a DVD library?

No. Those are only in full suites. (Unless they were added for 2.0, but I don't recall hearing that they were.)

Can't help you there, but it's supposed to be Elemis if the full 2.0 is in effect.

No. That's for full suites (AE and above)

You can try the mattress topper again, but Jade is only 2 years old. The bedding likely started out "better" than the Spirit because of that. All bedding was to be upgraded. We were in a Courtyard Villa, so I'm not sure how reprenentative that is of the whole ship. It was a completely comfortable bed with excellent bedding and super comfy pillows.

Don't know about what's on the Jade now. Cagney's crab cakes are yum, so is the chocolate decadence (or whatever it's properly called), and DH enjoyed the apple pie there. The filet mignons ranged from excellent (first night) to good (last night). Everything we had Jasmine was very good; we ate there three times. It's not "Chinese," but kind of "Asian-fusion" or "Pan-Pacific" (again, unless they changed it). The peppercorn beef tenderloin was buttery and tender; the crab wontons were very good; the fried rice was tasty; the Kung Pao chicken was Hawaiian-style at the time with a hot-sweet Thai chili sauce instead of Kung Pao sauce and mac nuts instead of peanuts. It was very good. The warm chocolate brownie with ice cream at Blue Lagoon was a necessary "snack" after a tiring day. I've heard that the menus/quality at Papa's and Tapas have been upgraded. I hope so because our meal at Papa's was not good (our least pleasing meal onboard), and our meal at Tapas was pedestrian at best--Please, slightly stale tortilla chips obviously out of a bag and bottled salsa; blech! (Caveat: We're completely spoiled by having access to truly good Mexican/Spanish food.)

Thanks in advance!

Have a lovely cruise.

beachchick

Archived