Ordering liquor in room question

magandanae

Ok guys I have seen this answer before, however after searching the board I haven't found the answer. Can anyone provide me w/ a link to the answer or give me the answer. I need the # to the indiv that you can order a bottle of alcohol for your stateroom. My brother is booking his very first cruise and I was telling him all the valuable info you guys provide including this bit of info. Thanks!

I don't know about liquor, but DH & I called up room service one evening and requested a couple of bottles of beer...it was a bartender (cocktail waiter?) that brought them to our room, not the regular room service staff. No problems or questions asked!

Also, you can order a bon voyage package on the website that has champagne or wine....the'll try to have it in the cabin before sail-away!:D

Placing a phone order:

Our knowledgeable Customer Service representatives are available to answer your questions about our products, help you make a selection, and take your credit card order. You can reach our BonVoyage/Gifts and Services Department by telephone, toll free, at 1-800-522-7648 during the following hours:

Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm, Eastern Time

Phone orders are accepted up to one week prior to sailing.

Visa, MasterCard, Discover® Network and American Express accepted.

Customer Service is closed Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Day.

Yes you can order a bottle of hard liquor for your cabin ...vodka, rum,etc...

I havent had a problem

if you run into problems call again, or ask for Vivian

On my last cruise we just called up room service and ordered a bottle of rum. They brought it up within 5 minutes and charged it to our sail and sign account.

Wow that is interesting...they wont even let you bring the bottles you buy in their gift shop back to your room, you have to wait until the last day!:o

Has anyone else ever ordered a bottle of liquor through room service?

Wow that is interesting...they wont even let you bring the bottles you buy in their gift shop back to your room, you have to wait until the last day!:o

I don't think you can do that on Carnival, must have been a different cruise line.

Are you real sure about about that? Have you tried it?

No, but it's sure not listed on the room service menu, the bar section says individual drinks only from the bars, not full bottles. I've never known anyone to do that on Carnival and know many folks who cruise Carnival frequently, they either 'sneak' or pre-order via Bon Voyage.

No, but it's sure not listed on the room service menu, the bar section says individual drinks only from the bars, not full bottles. I've never known anyone to do that on Carnival and know many folks who cruise Carnival frequently, they either 'sneak' or pre-order via Bon Voyage.

OK, But I'll give it a try next week. Might open up a whole new world. I'll let you know when I get back.

We ordered champagne through room service on our cruise last month and they delivered two bottles just before sailaway along with 12 glasses for all of our party. We didn't pre-order the champagne, just called room service after we got on board.

Mary Lou.

Great, report back and let us know. I, too, am very anxious to learn about this. Why risk alcohol soaked clothes when you can buy it on the ship?:D

You bet! I'll give a little run down on the whole CTN thing and lookin forward to give any 411 on it.

We just cruised Carnival Imagination ordered a litre of of Absolute for $45 and Grey Goose for $57. We called in advance and it was waiting for us in our room! A premium by compared to Duty Free or liquor stores, but still a bargain and hardly worth the risk of smuggling or breakage in the luggage.

We ordered extra juice at the breakfast room service (grapefruit, orange, tomato) - and also mixed with the lemonade, tea, guava juice available on lido buffet. Plenty of yummy (and cheap) drinks all day long!

We each bought the house "hurricane glass" drink special which provided us with a large glass was convenient for transporting ice and mixers from Lido. BTW, we also took our own insulated drink glasses and a couple of water bottles, no hassles.

The final sailing day Duty Free packages "to go" as cash & carry.

FYI, the GG martini ordered at dinner was $11 and a semi-decent wine was $9/glass. From then on we cocktailed pre-dinner and ordering a treat of Pellagrio sparkling water for $4.25 per litre, still felt like a celebration and a good excuse to rehydrate over dinner.

One more onboard alcohol bargain - sake from the sushi bar (when its open) only $4.00 for a large - we mixed our own "saketini's" with a little help from a water bottle filled with vodka...

ENJOY!

We ordered champagne through room service on our cruise last month and they delivered two bottles just before sailaway along with 12 glasses for all of our party. We didn't pre-order the champagne, just called room service after we got on board.

Mary Lou.

Wine and champagne are different than hard liquor, you have always been able to go to any bar onboard and order a full bottle of wine or champagne. But you can't do that at a bar for hard liquor, so we'll see if room service is different.

Ok guys I have seen this answer before, however after searching the board I haven't found the answer. Can anyone provide me w/ a link to the answer or give me the answer. I need the # to the indiv that you can order a bottle of alcohol for your stateroom. My brother is booking his very first cruise and I was telling him all the valuable info you guys provide including this bit of info. Thanks!

We have always ordered a "package" from room service - you can get bottles of liquor - with mixers - lots of different varieties - or - you can just order a bottle of liquor - room service delivers very quickly...

We have always ordered a "package" from room service - you can get bottles of liquor - with mixers - lots of different varieties - or - you can just order a bottle of liquor - room service delivers very quickly...

Now your talkin! Thank you for the info. I'll give it a whirl.

:confused: Okay, now I am confused. I called today - Bon Voyage Dept to order liquor to be in our cabin when we arrived, as we have done on all previous cruises (not Carnival). Was told - Carnival policy - no bottles of liquor can be delivered to cabins. Wine and champagne - yes. You can also bring on board 1 bottle wine or champagne per adult. Cabins have a stocked mini bar if you so choose. I then called a supervisor and he reiterated the same.

so can you tell us how much Carnival charged to do this through Room Service ?

Just wondering if Bon Voyage bottles are cheaper than the room service bottles ...or if they are about the same ...or more?

:confused: Okay, now I am confused. I called today - Bon Voyage Dept to order liquor to be in our cabin when we arrived, as we have done on all previous cruises (not Carnival). Was told - Carnival policy - no bottles of liquor can be delivered to cabins. Wine and champagne - yes. You can also bring on board 1 bottle wine or champagne per adult. Cabins have a stocked mini bar if you so choose. I then called a supervisor and he reiterated the same.

Zobrina

please can you tell me ... did you speak with Vivian ?

Just curious...:confused:

Archived