November 8th On the Glory

mo gal

Hey everyone: My husband and I will be sailing on the Glory out of Port Canaveral. I am sooooooo excited. This is our first cruise (it's my retirement Present to myself, taught school for 32 years) I was wondering if anyone else on these boards were traveling at this time. We are afraid that we're not going to enjoy a 7 day cruise since this is our first. We have booked a room with a balcony because I thought I would enjoy sitting out there in the morning and drink my coffee. Are we worried about nothing? Also what about cellphones working on the ship? I have a 3 year old grandson that has a heart condition and I do want to call and check on him daily will this be possib? Are carrier is AT&T and we're going to switch to another plan so we will have international calling (Or whatever) will apprieciate any end put. Thanks, can't wait but I am frighten.

First of all, welcome, now on the main page go down to Roll Calls, click on Carnival, then click on Glory, then look for your date of sailing, and you will be able to post to people sailing with you.

As far as your cell phone, I would say most likely you can use it, but watch the cost, it's alot of money.

I went on the Glory 2 years ago, Eastern, and I am going on her again in Oct, Western, you will love the ship, its great.

Happy Cruising

Welcome to Cruise Critic. :) Click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150 for the Roll Call section of the board to find others sailing with you. Look for your ship & scroll down looking for your date. Very possible you will find a thread someone has already started, if not, feel free to start one & be patient until someone posts.

Thanks for your help. I am new at this so I am trying to research as much as I can before we ever go aboard. I've read good things on this board and things that have really scared me. Does the Glory have a min. golf course on it. I don't think I have read anywhere that it does. I just think that would be one thing fun to do. What other activites are on the Glory. I don't lay in the sun much (LOL) Thanks again.

Good to hear! Where are you from? What is your age? I hope you don't mind me asking these questions. We are like I've said from Missouri. First Time Cruisers and both of us are retired. Me from teaching school for 31 years my husband from being a manager of social security for 35 years. I can't wait. A little frighten but excited!

Thanks for your help. I am new at this so I am trying to research as much as I can before we ever go aboard. I've read good things on this board and things that have really scared me. Does the Glory have a min. golf course on it. I don't think I have read anywhere that it does. I just think that would be one thing fun to do. What other activites are on the Glory. I don't lay in the sun much (LOL) Thanks again.

Welcome to cruise critic - and I see you have found your roll call - good for you. It will definitely become more active as you get closer to your cruise date. You may also wish to visit the ports of call boards so you can start researching the different tour options in the ports you will be visiting.

The Glory does have a mini golf course - outside on the top deck and it can be a bit challenging given the wind and movement - but I'm sure you will enjoy it.

I will be on the ship just ahead of you and will try to keep it in good shape for your arrival!;)

Archived