cruise to mexico on The Pride-March 13,05

AZCAMM

We were married on The Pride last November and loved it so much that we are sailing again on March 13th. Taking our son and his girlfriend. This will be her first cruise and she's very excited. I know she'll love it.

Our balcony cabins are on the Upper Deck (5) towards the front in

Cat 8C. Has anyone been up front before?? I'm a little concerned about

feeling the motion. Last November we were on deck 8 in the middle section.

Did not feel that much rocking on that deck.

We are excited to be going again on the Pride. It's a beautiful ship and we

loved it as soon as we stepped aboard.

AZCAMM,

We are also taking the Pride on March 13th. In fact, I wrote an almost identical posting earlier this week asking the same questions. We are also on Deck 5 and we also have a cabin far forward and are worried about the motion. We have always been mid-ship. We are taking our two kids for the first time. Ages 8 and 11. We are 46 and 38 (yes, I married a young'n!!)

I'm so glad to finally meet someone else going on this cruise!! We live in the midwest and the flights are SO expensive right now!!! My husbands parents live in Long Beach, so they will pick us up and take us to the cruise terminal. I hear Long Beach embarking is a mess!

Anyway.....hope you get some response to your thread.

Christi Q.

Hi There,

We are in So.Calif. so Long Beach is about a 1.5 hr. drive from our house.

The only mess in Long Beach that we encountered was at the drop-off garage. One group of passengers are waiting for their rides home back from the cruise and the other group are arriving to take the cruise !!! There are shuttles and taxi cabs and private cars everywhere. In fact, after we came off the ship from our beautiful week in Mexico last November one of the super shuttle drivers was out of her van getting her customers luggage on when she unexpectely backed up into me just as I was stepping off the curb. Neither one of us saw the other and when she backed up full force it made

me fall onto my knees. I was hurt so they have to get a wheelchair for me and finally our van came to take us home. Super shuttle never did make good on the accident as they were late getting there as well. I would highly recommend getting there early. The ship sails at 4pm but I think you are allowed to start boarding at 1:30. I think this trip we are taking our own cars and parking in the parking garage.

We are looking forward to this cruise. We've been on this particular cruise 3 times now. It's alot of fun. Have you been before?

thanks for responding.

Wow...what a story about your accident! Not a great way to end a beautiful cruise week.

No, we have never been to the Mexican Riviera. Our last cruise was on the Carnival Conquest last Sept out of New Orleans.

I've been reading about the street vendors pushing and harrassing in these mexican ports and I am concerned for my children. I can handle it on my own, but I'm afraid for them and how frightened they will be. Also, if someone touches one of the kids or gets pushy with them, my hubby will come unglued(as any father would be). What is your experience with this?

Also, what do you suggest to do in PV and Cabo? We already have booked Randi's Horses in Mazatlan. We don't shop, but have heard of the whale watching, pirate ships, dolphin swims, etc.....what do you suggest since you have done this 3 times?

Thanks,

cq

WE went on the Pride last Nov also. The garage was chaotic when we got off the ship and tried to load our bags as other were arriving.

When we arrived for our departure, it wasn't as bad. We got there quite early--around 10:30 and were checking in at early check-in (aboard the Queen Mary) by 11:00. Very easy...

Hi again, Our kids are grown adults (we are in our mid 50's) so the cruises that we have been on did not include small children. However, while in the different ports we did not see or encounter any of the pushing or touching that you mentioned. Everyone was very nice and friendly. The last cruise we did the tequila factory tour

in P.V. That was good. This trip to P.V. we want to do the dolphin encounter or swim. Not sure about Mazatlan, we did not get off the boat that day. stayed onboard and swam in the uncrowded pool and had a nice, quiet day while everyone else was

in town. In Cabo, we just walked around and did a little shopping and then headed over to Cabo Wabo. We had heard so much about it so really wanted to see it and have a drink. Yet, it was only 11:00am when we got there so it was dead. but we can

at least say we were there. Cabo is a beautiful place. You can look at the Carnival website for shore activities. Good Luck

HI, I will look it up at home and respond back. Our tour guides names was Victor and he was just so nice. He even had dinner with us later that night at the cantina where the bus drops you off. It's just across from where the ship is docked.

It was a 4 hour tour and we got back just at dark. I think the tour did not begin until

2pm. Just remember to get back on board before the ship sails off. That was scarry to me. We watched from our balcony seeing the late comers just barley making the ship. I think there was only 1 tour of the tequila factories. They take you to two

factories. You get to sample each grade. It was fun.

I have a shore tours guide left over from last cruise. Regarding the Tequilla Factory tour, we booked thru Carnival and did that in the comfort of our cabin. They have the

interactive t.v. and you can book tours and then the tickets arrive at your cabin later on. There is only one (1) tequilla factory tour. Last Nov. it cost $33.00 and you had the choice of either 8:30am or 2:00pm. You have the chance to purchase tequilla and other little trinkets at one of the stops. We bought the one that tastes like OrangeCrush and also the coffee flavored tq. I used the orange flavored one to marinade chicken in. Very, Very good. Have Fun

Archived