Carnival Paradise Suite

SunPacific

Hi all - what suggestions do you have for a balcony suite on the Paradise? Any advantages to starboard or port? I'm concerned because some of the suites are directly under the spa/workout room. Thanks! Carol

Hey there!

Click on this thread/link for lots of pictures info and reviews of the various suites there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=298868

I also put in my favorites.

I do prefer Starboard if I can get it, because on the Verandah deck (which you are referring to) they don't have the inside cabins across the hall on that side.

So, it's really quiet.

But, like I said, read through the whole link above.

These links are great! I think I'll go with category 12 – I don't like the idea of paying for a suite and having people walking around underneath your balcony :eek:and the weight room on the next deck up!

That said, are there any suggestions for the best U cabin? Is starboard or port better as far as when the ship is docked? Which would have the better scenery, as we do not plan to get off the ship in Ensenada. Thanks! Carol

These links are great! I think I'll go with category 12 – I don't like the idea of paying for a suite and having people walking around underneath your balcony and the weight room on the next deck up!

You're welcome! Haha. It's funny - people either absolutely love those Category 11s or they don't. (I happen to love them when I want peace and quiet). I think they are the most controversial cabins in all of Carnival.:D

That said, are there any suggestions for the best U cabin? Is starboard or port better as far as when the ship is docked? Which would have the better scenery, as we do not plan to get off the ship in Ensenada. Thanks! Carol

I think that all the Category 12 U cabins are about the same. You can't really go wrong.

But if we're being nit picky, then I like around U97 or U98 (up a few or back a few).

In Catalina, they tender, so the ship is anchored offshore. They can face the ship anyway they feel at the time.

But the last two times I went, the port side was facing the city.

In Ensenada, you can see things on either side. But, again the last two times the port side was the debarkation side, which faced more of the city.

The starboard side faced the big Mexico Flag and the mountains.

I hope that helps. Again let me know if you have any more questions.

:cool:

Thanks once again - very helpful and I do appreciate it. I'd like to ask you about tables for 2 in the dining room but I don't want to go off topic.

Thanks!

I think we're okay here, because we're 90% talking about the cabins.;)

There aren't any tables for two technically on Paradise (or any other Fantasy Class ships).

But, as soon as you get on board, check the Carnival Capers (the newspaper of the days activities) that will be in your cabin.

It will tell you on there which dining room and what time the Maitre'D will be there to change table requests.

Get there ASAP. Then just request it of him personally. A lot of time there is space, so they will put you at a table for 4 and just set it for two.

It's a small square table.

You can also ask your TA or PVP to put it in the "comments" section of the electronic Carnival form. It won't guarantee you get it when you board, but it should be there in the Maitre'D notes. Always check when you board though.

Thanks - I will ask my TA to request that along with our early seating, and will save this post to my "special folder" to remind me to check in and confirm as soon as we board (Cat 12 - VIP early boarding:p).

I think I am going to check out of here for a couple of months. You--and others--have been really helpful with my booking questions, but this is too addictive and I will really need more current info come October-November.

Thanks again and catch up with you in few months!:D

Carol

P.S. We booked U94!!

Archived