Recent luck with Seamiles?

Getting ready to book my wifes 50th birthday cruise and she wants to go to Mexico on the Spirit. I want to use my Seamiles.

Has anyone had much recent luck getting Seamiles to match the current Carnival price?

If so, was it a hassle? Ive read all the horror stories about using Seamiles but have seen a few good responses in between. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sorry, ChiBears, I have the card but haven't used any points as of yet. Happy Birthday to your wife. I hope you don't me also asking a question about SeaMiles on your thread.

My question- I'm using my points for a free cruise. I have about 120,000 points and an upcoming Carnival Cruise where I will get some double points. My 5 year period for point usage is June 2010.

Does anyone know if I must book and cruise by June 2010 or if I just need to book? Could I book in March 2010 for a cruise in 2011. That would be ideal, by than I would have probably two more cruises under my belt and my points would be around 175000.

Thanks ChiBear for the use of your thread and thanks to anyone who can help me out with an answer.

I would love to know if they do match Carnival's price because I recently "priced" a cruise on Sea Miles and with 25,000 points the savings was supposed to be $250 for 2 people, but the price for was only $164 less than Carnival's price.

My recent cruise that I just took on the Triumph was the exact same price that Carnival had. Not sure why some people get a different price but every time I call I get the exact same price that Carnival has quoted me. I then ask for my $500 credit for 50,000 points and get that. I then pay for the rest. I also get the same price of past military or past guest which ever I can get.

I guess Im just going to have to give them a call and see what they have to say. On the Seamiles website, their quoted prices are about $55 more than the current Carnival prices. Which does not make it feel like you get the full discount by using your miles. Sure you are getting the full dicount but off their prices, not the Carnival ones. I'll let you know how my experience with them is.

Not sure if the price listed on the Carnival site includes the fuel fee until you get to the end where the booking part is. The price quoted on the Seamiles site did include the fuel fee (I Think) my last booking with Seamiles including the discount for points the final cost was real close to the Carnival price.

Archived