Our first Disney Cruise!

Jennymc

Well I finally booked. I booked our first Disney Cruise yesterday to avoid the fuel surcharge. I got 2 adjoining cat 10 cabins for the 4 day Jan 18th 2009 cruise on the Wonder. (rooms 2575 & 2577) It will me, hubby, 7 yr old son, 5 yr old daughter and my in-laws. We've been on 2 RCCL cruises, but never with the kids.

They were already booked for 1st seating so they wait listed us. How likely is it that we will get first seating?

How often do they upgrade you? Are we less likely to get upgraded because of 2 adjoining rooms? There are two different reservation numbers, but they are both in my name.

What are the must dos on the cruise and at port based on our family?

Any advice, tips, suggestions, etc would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jenny

If you havent done so, read most of the posts on this board. there are great tips etc that have all ready been discussed.

I would continue to call disney about your seat time. You have a chance of getting the early seating.

Also book Palos for the adults. It is a must. :)

We just were on the Wonder two weeks ago. It was our 1st Disney cruise. It was outstanding. We are diamond Royal Caribbean members and are very loyal to RCL, but Disney was fantastic. We traveled with our 2 year old and my mother-in-law. Service was terrific. Our 2 year old really enjoyed everything, even though he was to small to go into the supervised programs alone. Your kids will love it. We enjoyed it so much that we booked another cruise for February.

We were also waitlisted for early dinner. We were happy that we did get it upon check-in.

Do book, upon boarding, for dinner 1 night - you and hubby - for Palo's. I tried to book online prior to our cruise but the site would not let me book a party of two. The food and service are great and it's very romantic.

Ask away any questions and I will try to help.

On my first DCL cruise I booked 2 cat 9 connecting cabins and we were upgraded to 2 balcony cabins on deck 7 (also connecting). So, it does happen. We were not upgraded the 2nd time around though. I hope you enjoy your cruise. We were not "Disney freaks" but, we bought it lock stock and barrel lol. Crying the last night at the show and everything :o . We booked cruise #2 while on cruise #1 and cruise #3 while on cruise #2. Wonderful family bonding.

Have a great time! There is so much to see and do -- I would say don't miss the Toy Story show or Disney Dreams... both are outstanding.

Arrive at the Port early enough to check out the terminal - they have really cool Disney touches everywhere. You can also register your children for the Oceaneer's Club/Lab before boarding.

My kids were 3 and 6 for their first Disney cruise and they loved it, we had late dinner which is what we prefer and the kids rarely wanted to eat with us so we fed them early and they went to camp.

Palo's is a must but needs to be booked early:D

My kids cried when the cruise ended and they had to leave their friends.

when you check in,if you dont have early dining, they will give you a paper with the name of a club and a time where you can go for dining time changes and to make Palos reservations. The time is usually upon boarding. Go there ASAP and you have a very good chance of getting changed.

we have changed to early a few times with no problem.

mom x4,grandma x4

Archived