Average meals in Venice

but if you want to grab a take away panini it's under 5 euros...

there's a delicious place near St. Marks square byt the

Best Western Hotel where the gondolas are located...a little espresso stand, she sells prosciutto, brie and arugala paninis that are delicious.

The American Bar in St. Marks square sells the yummy rice balls stuffed with a little sauce and melted mozzarella cheese, I think for under 2 euro each.

and then if you are really wandering you can find a neighboorhood pizza place that will sell you a slice for under 3 euro!

On our personal travel website...

You will find a couple of things of interest for your Venice port

1. On the main page is a link to Italy, those are our pictures and there's an album just on Venice

2. In the Blog if you scroll down you will see a glass blowing demonstration by a master artist.

3. In the journal section go into Something to quench your thirst and you will find information on Harry's Bar and a demonstration on how to make an authentic bellini!

Here's a link for you!

http://when.do.we.leave.googlepages.com/

What is the average price of a meal in Venice and Greek Isles?

Order pizza marguerita everywhere in Venice. It is the best pizza you will ever eat! And gelato for snacks. Yum!!! I rarely eat pizza in the US, but could not eat it enough in VCE. At least try it!!!:D

Lobster129

Meals in Venice vary. If you go to a Pizzaria then you can have an affordable meal. If you go to a fine dining establishment (waiters will have on tuxedos)- then be prepared to feel obligated to order starters and main courses to the tune of $ 60 per person with libations.

So if you want to eat well but don't want the fuss- skip places with fancy storefronts and men in tuxedos. This is true in the US. If the waiter is wearing a tux- you know you are into $50 a head or more.

As for the Greek Isles. I have only had lunch there. We went to a place called Casablanca (interestingly it is the only red building in Santorini). Anyway, was great and reasonable. We were in an openair restaurant, sheilded by a roof. Was lovely. I had a "Greek Salad" and it was wonderful.

but if you want to grab a take away panini it's under 5 euros...

there's a delicious place near St. Marks square byt the

Best Western Hotel where the gondolas are located...a little espresso stand, she sells prosciutto, brie and arugala paninis that are delicious.

The American Bar in St. Marks square sells the yummy rice balls stuffed with a little sauce and melted mozzarella cheese, I think for under 2 euro each.

and then if you are really wandering you can find a neighboorhood pizza place that will sell you a slice for under 3 euro!

On our personal travel website...

You will find a couple of things of interest for your Venice port

1. On the main page is a link to Italy, those are our pictures and there's an album just on Venice

2. In the Blog if you scroll down you will see a glass blowing demonstration by a master artist.

3. In the journal section go into Something to quench your thirst and you will find information on Harry's Bar and a demonstration on how to make an authentic bellini!

Here's a link for you!

http://when.do.we.leave.googlepages.com/

In a word...........WOW!

Kathy

Buon Giorno!

Tomko..Grazie, I'm happy to hear you enjoyed our site!

Angie...you should be able to access the main page, regarding the albums you will need I believe a flash player.

Which can be downloaded for free at http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

PersistenzaretiniKa...I know you're from Italy..so to let you know pizza in the USA is so completly different than what we find in Italy that Venice pizza to many of us is delicious!

Even though this thread is about Venice...maybe you could

start another thread..about where to find the best pizza in Italy. Many of us do land travel too, and would be most appreciative of your 1st hand knowledge!

Ciao!

I know....I've tried and it won't download, I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that this computer has VISTA and prob some setting is incorrect somewhere. I was able to view it from my desktop computer and really enjoyed the pics

Angie

We don't do sit down, lengthy meals, luxury dining when we travel. We usually do the on the go meals. Found plenty of places in Venice for 10 euros & under, as previously described. We also found a great casual sit down place that has very good spagetti with meat sauce for about 10 euros, large portion & friendly staff - in fact they remember us from year to year! It is located behind the Naval Musuem.

Archived