Trip Insurance

Muumuu

I have bought insurance for each and every cruise I have gone on. Now I am flying and would like to know if I can buy insurance to cover my flight out there, a week on the west coast and then the two week cruise and the drive home?

Thank you and any suggestions for a company to get this through.

A question, I have seen where you must purchase trip insurance at insuremytrip.com within 15 days of your initial deposit. What if I wanted to buy it after that time had passed? I was planning on buying through Carnival until reading this board. Am I too late to buy elsewhere for a cruise in Feb.'09?

A question, I have seen where you must purchase trip insurance at insuremytrip.com within 15 days of your initial deposit. What if I wanted to buy it after that time had passed? I was planning on buying through Carnival until reading this board. Am I too late to buy elsewhere for a cruise in Feb.'09?

It is my understanding that you can purchase travel insurance at any point, even up until a few days before departure. BUT . . . . and it's a big but, some of the coverage is different. Mostly this affects financial default coverage, pre-existing condition coverages, and I believe terrorist coverage. Insuremytrip has a good side-by-side comparison tool, you just have to read all of the fine print to make sure you are getting the coverage that you need.

Good luck, and enjoy your trip!

HI,

I bought travel insurance through AIG Travel Guard when I booked back in Feb. They gave me a quote for both flight and cruise. I only initially paid for the flight since I paid that in full when I booked. I will pay the balance of the insurance for the cruise when I make my final payment on the cruise. We are also traveling with 2 children who were free when I paid for the two adults. I found the cost cheaper than either Carnival or Delta. Hope that helps!

Insurance is more now a must.

It also has what you want but READ everything FULLY.

Ask questions, compare and buy your policy with a quality rating.

Yes financial stability in your State is Vital. Do you rememebr the the Cruise Line which sold Insurance (So called) and went out of business (Chapter 7 ) and then even policy holders couldn't even be paid.

Yes make sure its not the Cruise line Insurance..

Like in anything Know what your Buying and Whats out there.

We book and buy our policies online with the largest DATA Base available.

They give you FREE Quotes as well compare Hundreds of Firms and Policies for you free.

Try them here and see.

We use them and are very happy.

:cool:

Bookmark them !

I have bought insurance for each and every cruise I have gone on. Now I am flying and would like to know if I can buy insurance to cover my flight out there, a week on the west coast and then the two week cruise and the drive home?

Thank you and any suggestions for a company to get this through.

Archived