Vegan on Princess

RaeVynn

Calling all vegans... how was the food on Princess?

Since there is an option for VEGAN on the Special Requests in the Cruise Personalizer, I kind of assume that Princess knows what a vegan is... am I safe in that assumption? :confused:

I'd like some sort of summary of any special dishes they may have prepared for you... or, was it just yanking the animal products out of the 'regular' fare?

It has been a while since I cruised on Princess. I had great food. Last cruise was a 15 day repositioning through the Panama Canal on the Sun Princess.

I asked for and got great Indian food. Many of the cooks are from India. I asked them to surprise me and got great food. My head waiter had a brother that was vegan so he knew his stuff as well. My meals were so good that after 2-3 days, the head waiter brought two portions to the table each night.. one for me and one for the rest of the table (of 8) to share. Had two British couples at the table as they wanted to try everything I had.

I also asked a couple of times for pie... and we had an apple pie to share with the table one night and a cherry pie... The others order a side of ice cream for theirs and we all thought we were special those nights!!

Thank you!

It warms my heart to know that I won't starve to death on iceberg lettuce and the "fruit plate" :p

If you don't gain weight, I would be highly skeptical if you don't have a worm or something. Vegan or not, you will enjoy the food. I am not a vegan myself, but some days go with just non animal sources, to help with purification, and there is a lot to be said for the Princess staff.

Enjoy!! :)

Archived