Where to do post-Xpedition in Ecuador?

mountainhouse

Arriving in Quito on a Friday, finishing a week and a half later on Tuesday. I'd like to just stay 2 weeks total. Any suggestions for 4-5 within a reasonable distance from Quito? We'd prefer to stay within Ecuador.

Just got back from Galapagos/Quito a couple of weeks ago and oh how we wish we had planned for more time in Ecuador! We had no idea how much there was to do, even just 2-3 day trips from Quito that we could have easily tacked on. Most had to do with mountain hiking and such, but we only learned of them from the private guide we hired for one day in Quito. If you want his email, send me a note to meemmere@gmail.com. He spoke excellent English, made great suggestions, and was very easy to talk to. It was my daughter and I so I'm concerned about safety and he took excellent care of us. It is so inexpensive in Ecuador, we could have done so much more. Also, if you walk up the street that the Hilton Colon Quito is on, there are tons of travel agencies with day trips that were very inexpensive, if you are that flexible.

Just today I received a link from one of my fellow travelers from the La Pinta. He posted photos from their travels across Ecuador, wonderful. Visited rose farms, and did an incredible looking hike staying in lodges at one of the bases of Cotopaxi. I'm sure I could info on how they arranged such tours; again, I only wish my TA had told me more about what Ecuador has to offer. Our lead naturalist did say while we were there that Ecuador is just beginning to learn the skill of travel marketing.

Archived