Airfare is WAY too expensive right now!!

ciship

We're going the peak last week of March for Spring break (Indianapolis to LAX), and I found $224 roundtrip on Northwest two days ago. Unfortunately, I waited a day, and it went up to $234 yesterday, but I then grabbed it. Our family has been travelling in March for years because that's the only time everyone can go (during the kids' Spring break), and I've found out the hard way that the longer you wait, the higher the prices will get, and the more booked up everything is. Good luck on your fares and just watch them daily. Two days before the $224 rate, they were in the $280 range. Hopefully something will open up for you, and when it does be sure to grab it. Good luck! -- Cheryl

Trying to get flight from Kansas City to Orange County in early March and the fares are way too high. Hope they come down soon!

The prices to Orange County seem to be a little higher than LAX, from Sacramento to LAX on Southwest Roundtrip $98.00, Sacramento to OC $140.00

one word--------------DISNEYLAND

Thanks Cheryl. I've been checking morning, noon and late at night and they are still so much higher than we are used to paying for this same flight that we normally take to see hubby's parents. Some of the airlines I have checked say that they don't have the March fares out yet and it is too far in advance......so, I will continue to cross my fingers and check.

Thanks!

Christi Q.

I think we need to be prepared for airfares to be heading generally in the up-direction this coming year. Once US Airways goes under it will likely be a green light for other airlines to start increasing fares to cover their costs at bit better.

John Wayne Airport is a very expensive airport to fly into, though. Definitely check alternate airports, especially Burbank.

Archived