Drink of the Day price increase??

I have been on several RC cruises on Sovereign of the Seas, and the "Drink of the Day" drink special prices were about 4.25 or so each time.

However, went over Spring Break in March this year, and the DOD prices were $7.75!!!!

This is quite an increase!! Have they really gone up that much, or do you think they just inflated them for Spring Break???? Anyone cruised in April or May know?

On the previous cruises when they were $4.95, they came with the glass - but on this particular cruise when they were almost $8, it specifically said GLASS NOT INCLUDED!!!!! I am talking about the Drink of the Day special, not just regular drinks .. .

on the Liberty for the week of May 10 they were $5.95 (keep the glass). I didn't get any (frankly, I don't know why!) so I am not sure of the glass but I thought I saw them displayed in the "hourglass figured" ones. Not sure what that style of glass is called.

The week of May 11th on Mariner they were 5.95 + 15% for the glass described above with confetti looking paint on the bottom. I do believe the drink prices have gone up. Used to be you could get the drink of the day without the glass and it was cheaper but this cruise it didn't matter if you got it in the glass or something different you paid the same price.

Archived