Upgrading

debster818

We are booked on an inside cabin on Valor in October. We chose the inside because last time we had a window and really didn't think it was such a big deal. We would love to have a balcony, but cannot afford this. I have reading that people get upgraded and wanted to know what I can to to get upgraded. Thanks

If you booked a specific cabin, your chances are near zero. If you booked a guarantee...you can get a cabin anywhere on the ship in no less than the category you paid for. If you bought an "inside guarantee" you get whatever cabin Carnival gives you. Usually an inside cabin somewhere. Similar answer applies if you buy outside/balcony guarantees

You have no input

When they say upgraded, that can mean a 4A to a 4C, same inside cabin, 2 decks up.

I booked a 1A guarantee, to me any 4A would be a upgrade, crossing my fingers, but as they say dont book less than you will be comfortable with. Chances of going from a inside guarantee, to a balcony are still about 2% at best, might not be even that much.

Our friends were upgraded on their first cruise from an inside to a suite! They opened the cabin door and turned around and went to the pursers desk and said.... we have the wrong cabin lol They checked and said... you have been upgraded. How do you ever go back after that for your first cruise? lol

Iv booked 3 guarantees, I think, first one, upgraded a few decks, still inside cabin, next time, far in the back of the bottom deck, just about as bad as you could do, last time last minute went from inside to outside on Voyager.

Odds really arent in your favorite to move to a completely different category, but we all book guarantees in hope, and love the upgrade stories the few times they do happen to someone. Nothing like hearing it happened to some one else, so it could happen to us.

First cruise, we booked inside guarantee and ended up with an ocean view! It was really nice for me, but my gf kind of gets motion sickness so the curtain was closed most of the week. So we booked the inside guarantee again and we will see what happens!

Archived