Places to eat near Sutton Place-Vancouver

Hi,

My husband and I will be visiting Vancouver in August after a cruisetour to Alaska. We will be staying at Sutton Place on Burrard Street. Are there any breakfast spots, like a Denny's, Pancake House or "where the locals eat" near to the hotel? Would like a place we can sit down and have more choices than bagels and muffins but not too expensive. A bacon, egg and homefries kind of place rather than a fancy breakfast place. We're spending the better part of one day at Stanley Park and probably will have lunch at The Prospect Point Cafe or maybe just grab something from a vendor but not sure where to go for dinner. Any suggestions close to Sutton Hotel, again not fancy as we don't want to get dressed up but a place that would have good food at a reasonable price? We plan to go to Granville Island and have lunch there another day. We'll be using public transportation, so won't be able to go too far from the main street. Any ideas on luncheon restaurants there would be appreciated. Thanks for all your help Cruisecritics. You always have the best info.

Sally - funny that you should mention Denny's as one of your food choices - there is one right across the street from the Sutton Place hotel and it's 24 hour as well so you can eat brekkie whenever you want.

As for other eating options - you are in the heart of food land when staying at the Sutton - Robson street is only a block away and it is loaded with lots of eating possibilities - there is a Cactus Club, Earl's, Milestones, Red Robin, Joey's Grill, lot's of Korean, Mexican and Sushi restaurants - if you have any specific food types let us know and us locals will only be to happy to provide some more suggestions.

For slightly pricier eateries there is the Keg and Joe Fortes - less than two blocks away - Don Francesco's also across the street - if you like pizza you might want to try Lombardi's in the theater building across the street.

Hope this gets you started.

Cheers

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

I'm so excited that there is a Denny's so near. I'll be in Seattle for 3 days so there will be a bit of time to try out a few restaurants. Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll go to some of the restaurant websites and check out their menus. It is so helpful to have a "heads up" before a visit so we know right where to go for a good meal and still be close to the hotel. Thanks again, Sally

Hi Dennis: thanks for all your advice. We will be at Sutton Place in Sept. and would like to have a light dinner nearby the hotel.

Can you recommend a nice casual restaurant?

Denny's sounds great for breakfast.

The cruise group (cc'ers) are meeting up at Aqua Riva for dinner, but I am not sure if we can walk there from Sutton Place?

Thanks for your help!

Yes you could walk to the Aqua Riva - it's about 8 - 10 blocks but it is downhill - it is next door to Canada Place if that will help you when it comes to where it is located. Perhaps if the weather is nice walk down Burrard to Cordova and then then right for three blocks to the Aqua Riva and then taxi home if you don't want to burn off the excess calories from eating.

As for food ideas - there are so many ideal places to go to - Earls, Cactus Club, Milestones, Moxie's, White Spot, Joey's Grill which is new and I haven't been to but they have other locations so have been around for a while.

Others will be offering there ideas as well.

Cheers

Dennis

Archived