Prince Rupert

labmom

I was just in Prince Rupert, and if you don't do a excursion there really isn't much there....but if you like Bald Eagles you will love this place:D They have Christmas trees ornamented with bald eagles. There were atleast 10 in one tree. The "baby" eagles are just as big as mom and dad! There is a place to the right of the dock near the little shops that will feed the eagles with salmon and you get really close for some great pictures. I was just in awe with the magnificent beauty! Such a great trip. Two years ago we did the whale watching tour and that was great, we got into about 6-8 humps feeding and they were about 5-10 feet away from the boat!

Happy cruising, Pam

DSCN1021.jpg.86776159d879e19e3e813141eaf55588.jpg

DSCN0993.jpg.256a486e11c3dcbc261326caf59f995b.jpg

I live about a 4 hour drive from Prince Rupert, and while it's nothing like the ports you will visit in Alaska (ie. it is MUCH lower key!), it is a great place to stroll around. There's a very good museum with lots of west coast art + artifacts, Cow Bay which is touristy, but with some funky stores good food and the fishing fleet, and the main shopping streets which look a bit 'old fashioned' but there are a couple of gems up there - galleries & jewellers in particular.

Cheers from Smithers

Robin

Archived