Buffet lunches

arewethereyet

My wife and I just returned from the Prague - Budapest on Avalon Artistry. One dinner and all lunches were buffets. The Artistry's restaurant was not particularly well suited for buffet service. Is this typical of other river cruise lines as well? I'd like to hear other's opinions of buffet service on other lines.

We were on the Artistry from 4/27 to 5/11 ... I agree that it wasn't exactly set up for buffets, but I thought they handled it well. The main courses were in both sides of the carving station/soup bar/cheese station. Having the salad bar and dessert bar in the lobby was great ... it forced us to eat salad every day ... and then we could drool all over the pastries.

Other ships with other carriers have sit-down lunches ... but I must admit that I do prefer the buffet ... even with the layout being awkward.

Also enjoyed the cake and coffee each day, too ... thank goodness for the walking tours to walk off all of that food.

Hope Zusanna was your waitress ... she was so sweet .. as was Monique ...

Just returned from a Viking cruise on the Rhine. Lunch buffets were great and logistics were no problem. Everything you could imagine was offered in the dining room, and downstairs in the lounge, a light lunch of salad and soup was offered daily.

PInk

DH and I cruised Budapset to Amsterdam last July on the Avalon Tranquility and we really enjoyed the buffet lunches. I had no problem with the way the buffet was set up and I don't really understand what your complaint is.The food at lunch was actually my favorite meal of the day.Maybe the buffet is different on the Tranquility than on the Artistry?

DH and I cruised Budapset to Amsterdam last July on the Avalon Tranquility and we really enjoyed the buffet lunches. I had no problem with the way the buffet was set up and I don't really understand what your complaint is.The food at lunch was actually my favorite meal of the day.Maybe the buffet is different on the Tranquility than on the Artistry?

The layout of the restaurants on the Artistry and Tranquility are different. Buffet service on the Artistry was a bit like public transportation during rush hour. I had no complaint about the food.

Grand Circle river cruises have the option of buffet or served lunches each day. All the breakfasts are buffet and on my last cruise there were also two dinner buffets. I am not a great fan of buffets becuase I don't like to wait in line to eat...I'd rather be served.

Archived