Which port???

Sarapdot

Ok. I am going on an all girls cruise next april to grand cayman, cozumel and montego bay jamaica.

One of the girls wants to snorkel, we will be beginners at this.

I would like to parasail and another girls wants visit the turtle farm in grand cayman.

My question is What ports would be best for these activities??? I know they all offer these activities but I was wondering if one is better than the other.

Thanks,

Sara P.

• 3 weeks later...

You are going on our favorite itenerary.

In Jamaica you must do the Ocho Rios falls climb. Contact Maureen or Dwight at http://www.karandastours.com/sightSeeing.html and check out their incredible tours and rates. We have done several tours with them and have always been 110% satisfied! You can do the falls climb and a botanical garden or a river rafting tour all in one day. And Jamaica is unbelievably beautiful. You will be totally safe with Karandas. They go above and beyond to make sure you have a fabulous trip. Please tell them Dove from Las Vegas referred you.

In Grand Cayman you can take a tour to the turtle farm etc. or you can rent a car or scooters if you're adventurous. The turtle farm offers multiple options, you can go to their website and make choices. You can also take public busses all over Cayman. They are totally reliable and very inexpensive. You can look up Grand Cayman public bus and get info. They're small vans full of friendly people. There are also people waiting on the dock when you disembark that offer tours to everywhere. You can be confident with them, if they're there - they're licensed. You can take a bus out to snorkeling beaches and walk right into the water. Look up Grand Cayman snorkeling maps, they're self guiding. There is no crime in Grand Cayman and it's beautiful.

When we got to Cozumel we take the public ferry over to Playa Del Carmen, then we pick up our pre-rented car and drive to ruins. The ruins at Tulum are a must see. Then we drive back and ferry back. You can book a tour on the ship, or you can do it yourself. Everyone recommends Paradise at Cozumel, I've never been there, but it must be nice. There is world class snorkeling at Cozumel also.

We take our own snorkeling gear. It's cheap at local sporting goods stores and we use it every time we cruise.

What ship are you going on? That will also affect your options as to how much time you have in each port.

Research is the key to a great cruise. You can email me at suzedove@aol.com and I can send you more stuff if you'd like.

Happy Cruising

Archived