Shopping in Cagliari - favor/help needed

leela14

Hi everyone,

I just posted this in the Europe forum, but thought I might get a little more understanding over here.

I just got back from a 2 week cruise to Europe which was fabulous (I will write a review over the next few days, still have jetlag). I suffered one HUGE disappointment though - I saw this amazing buttery soft white leather purse in Cagliari that I wanted to buy. I decided to have lunch, then go back, but I wasn't aware of siesta and when we went back to to the shop, it had closed and sail away was before it reopened. :(

I spent the next few ports trying to find something similar, but nothing. Only another shopaholic could understand why this is still so much on my mind, but I thought I'd see if someone was going to Cagliari and might be willing to pick this up for me and mail it to me when they get back.

I know it sounds nuts, but I figure it can't hurt to ask. The purse was $110 euros, and I'd have to track down the store. I'm pretty sure it's called Maxine, but figured I'd see if someone was willing to do this for me before I do the legwork. They don't speak English very well there, but the lady in the store was such a sweetheart and we managed to communicate pretty well despite this. I'm hoping if I called there, I could manage to get the purse put aside.

I'm in Canada BTW.

Thanks in advance. I know it sounds nuts - you need to be an avid shopper to get this insanity. :(

Archived