10 hrs in Barbados

barbados baby

We're sailing on the Carnival Legend Nov. 19 thru the 27. We dock in Barbados at Noon and leave at 10 pm. Can we fit in just about anything plus a sundown catamaran ride? I do need to stop in at Malibu Rum Factory for a few bottles of their lime rum for the folks back home. But that's all we have planned. Tell me more please!!!

Yep - "Malibu Beach" (aka Brandon Beach by the locals) is across the street from the distillery. It has a decent little souvenir shop, dressing room, and tikki bar set up. The distillery gives tours (I think at 1 PM daily) The neighborhood otherwise is non-descript light industrial where Cockspur and Mt. Gay also have distilleries.

The beach is one of the nicer strands on the island and it looks out on the harbor so there is a fairly good chance for a photo op of your family on a nice beach with your cruise ship in the background (depends a little on which slip its moored at). Its also pretty close to the pier of course. We did a morning turtle excursion and spent the afternoon at Malibu Beach during one visit. It was a very very nice day.

• 1 month later...
We're sailing on the Carnival Legend Nov. 19 thru the 27. We dock in Barbados at Noon and leave at 10 pm. Can we fit in just about anything plus a sundown catamaran ride? I do need to stop in at Malibu Rum Factory for a few bottles of their lime rum for the folks back home. But that's all we have planned. Tell me more please!!!

Hey there! Was going through posts and noticed you are from Avon Lake. I was born and raised there also~ Class of 74. So has Shorty Shoreman let his hair grow out yet?

• 2 years later...

I will be in Bridgetown Barbados for the day in April with a cruise. Does anyone know of a resort that offers an all inclusive package just for the day? We just wanted a relaxing place to sit and eat and drink. Thank you.

Archived