Greek Isles - Sept 06

Hi -

The search function seems to be down, but I'm looking for any advice/information that others may offer on the following prots of call:

Athens, Mykonos, Katakolon, Corfu, and Split, Croatia.

We'd like to do our own thing in these ports, and would like any advice on your experience.

Many thanks!

We did Athens and Mykonos on our own but in my opinion, having returned from this same cruise a week or so ago, all of these particular ports are doable on your own with a little pre-planning using the tips on these boards. Great way to save a bunch a money, too! Good luck!

I have the same questions actually as we will be sailing to almost the same ports this summer. I have gathered some info by reading these boards. It seems Athens is pretty easy, take the train from the port which is about a 15 minute walk or a short taxi ride. There is way too much to see and do in Athens so you need to pick a few highlights and budget your time. I am going to get off the ship as quickly as possible so as not to waste a whole lot of time. It sounds like Mykonos village is the highlight on the island and things are open late (shops, restaurants). When we dock it is from 1PM to 11PM. I think I may take an optional tour to Delos then spend a couple of hours in town before the ship leaves. Have fun.

Archived