Pacific Princess

Jess47

Hi there,

we have just booked to travel on the Pacific Princess on the christmas cruise to the Amazon. It will be our first cruise with Princess (have cruised with Cunard and Celebrity) does anyone have any experience of this itinery or ship?

Hope to hear from you soon,

Thankyou:o

Very broad question.

We did the Amazon on the original Pacific Princess, way back in Dec '91, Manaus to Fort Lauderdale, and enjoyed the ship and itinerary very much.

We sailed on the Pacific Princess (new), Papeete to Sydney, 11-03, and thought the new ship a worthy successor.

We've subsequently sailed on two of her sisters, Oceania's Regatta (twice) and Oceania's Nautica (once), with another booked on Nautica. We think the former Renaissance R-class ships are winners.

Hi Michael,

it is the Manaus to Miami that we are doing,we are travelling from England so hope the 16 flight each way will be worth it,

Many thanks

We have sailed on both the Pacific and her sister, the Tahitian, many times and love the smaller ship feel that they provide. It's easy to get around, the smaller number of people makes it easy to get on or off the ship, plus it's easy to get to know both crew and your fellow travelers.

Unlike Princess, Renaissance decorated with dark woods, so the ship has an Old World feeling to it. The library is especially beautiful with all the dark woods. Pool is small, but we're not pool swimmers, so that was okay by us. There isn't a movie theater on board, but the show room is nice and roomy.

There is only formal dining and the two speciality restaurants take turns being open, so there is that limitation.

Do you have any particular questions?

Hi!

We were on the Pacific Princess last October and November for a total of 22 nights on a B2B Hawaii and Tahiti.

We absolutely loved the ship, the staff and the size. It reminded me of traditional cruising that I grew up with.

While there is only 1 dinner seating, the Horizon Court buffet is open for casual dining each evening. The library on board is stunning and my favorite of all ships I've sailed on. It is so inviting, that

you want to go back to cabin grab a blanket, come back and just curl up with a great book!

I have photos of the Pacific Princess on our personal travel website if you are interesting in viewing them

Just go into the link below and you will see Karen's Cruise Corner on the left of the homepage....just click on that.

http://when.do.we.leave.googlepages.com/

Hi there,

thanks so much for that,the pictures are brilliant really looking forward to the cruise. When we booked all the suites had gone so we are in a BB cabin,do you know if these are okay?Also heard that the steakhouse is good, did you eat there ? Thanks once again for your help

Elaine

Hi Charlie

thanks for that,did you eat in the alternative restaurants or were you happy with the standard of food in the restaurant? Do you know if the cruise is aimed at the American market or is it international, we have only managed to book a BB cabin, do you kinow if they are okay?

Anyway, thanks for your help

Elaine

I have photos of the Pacific Princess on our personal travel website if you are interesting in viewing them

Just go into the link below and you will see Karen's Cruise Corner on the left of the homepage....just click on that.

http://when.do.we.leave.googlepages.com/

Great photos, love that site set up. I swear I could smell the Tiare Tahiti just from looking at the pictures. :) I had to go grab up my Tahitian Perfume of Tiare Tahiti after that just to make sure I wasn't loosing my mind. LOL Thanks for taking the time to post all those great pictures.

Toto ~

Mauruuru!

The website has been a labor of love and constantly evolving as I learn more!

I know you and I have had differing opinions every once in awhile over the years..

So, the fact that you took the time to give such a kind reply

really means a lot to me!

The Tahitian Itinerary is my favorite out all of my cruises.

The ports, the ship, the cabin..it was just perfect!

(Well, until I had to be super glue back together)

but even after that it went back to the perfection level!

and now you're returning!

Have a wonderful time!

K.

:)

Hi there,

. When we booked all the suites had gone so we are in a BB cabin,do you know if these are okay? Thanks once again for your help

Elaine

Sadly, I'm not able to afford suites,

well I could but then I could only go one 1 cruise a year

and that is just not acceptable :)

We were in cabin 7107 which is a BC, our balcony did not

have the hull built up, for example if you were standing it would come to mid calf height....

there were people we met on the cruise and they

were in a BA and they had that problem.

our balcony was much nicer, as there was no hull

and I could lay in bed and see out.

does that make sense?

Also, 7004

I went to go check it out on turn around day (we were B2B)

and I'm 5'2 if I wanted to sit on the balcony I couldn't see over the hull.

though the cabin was FABULOUS!

I felt my balcony cabin was fine, after 25 years of sailing I've been on some dinky ships and dumpy cabins by the standards we have now.

However, I know some people on this board prefer to only sail in suites and hopefully they will chime in.

Back to the library, not only is it gorgeous..it is loaded with books. There is also an extensive book exchange..I said

to my mom next time we sail on her we are packing books

just to give ....the ship inspires you to do stuff like that.

About the itinerary, this may or may not be something you want to do, but I will just throw this out to you.

We stopped in Christmas island, a few of us planned ahead for this a brought quite a bit in donations that we knew were needed. We added to the mix, when Princess had their big sale at the end of our 1st cruise they had discounted stuffed bears down to 3.00. The following cruise they were going down to 1.00. Myself, mom and another passenger negotiated the gift shop down to the 1.00 price in advance, bought them out and presented the kids with 100 beanie baby teddy bears.

Princess, also set aside a container in crew quarters for donations and their doctor would go ashore.

I know for a fact that Princess has done the same thing

with the South America itineraries.

If this is something you feel you would like to be apart of,

then I would recommend contacting the person in the Princess home office in customer service that handles the

Pacific to confirm. Then work together with your roll call.

Let the spirit of Aloha embrace you as you sail from land to land!

Hi Michael,

it is the Manaus to Miami that we are doing,we are travelling from England so hope the 16 flight each way will be worth it,

Many thanks

Elaine, you're going to Ft. Lauderdale, not Miami :D

Pia

P.S. Fabulous ship. We love it. Have spent 90 days on her and have this same cruise planned for March/April 2009 - FLL/Manaus/FLL 28 days.

Toto ~

Mauruuru!

I know you and I have had differing opinions every once in awhile over the years..

So, the fact that you took the time to give such a kind reply

really means a lot to me!

K.

Credit where credit is due, that was really a nice display of pics.

You know what's funny? I don't keep track of who I disagree with here on CC, I am just happy to hear that we can 'agree to disagree' on some subjects. ;)

:D Wow what great information on the Pacific Princess.:)

We booked the Tahitian Princess last September (Vancouver to Honolulu) with FCC's on the Diamond (Vancouver to LA). We had the opportunity to see the Pacific Princess there before it left for Hawaii from Vancouver. We had considered that cruise earlier before deciding to spend some time in Vancouver and taking the Diamond to LA. Looking at each other we said in unison "We should have booked that."

We were so impressed with the ship and size of balconies we booked it the first day on the Diamond (great ship) as we sailed to LA with about 1500 Canadians. Sorry Where2Next Cat AA. This will be our first small ship ride so have been reading anything we can find on them.

Thanks to Jess47 for asking the question. Thank you Where2Next for all the great information and the wonderful pictures. Wish you had more. What a great web site you have I made a "favorite" out of it. And ToTo2Kansas you are always a wealth of good information, To bad you live in Kansas (Just joking) I lived there for a short time but on the Mo side.

The Tahitian Vancouver to Honolulu has been sold out since about March. We tried to get youngest son and his wife on it either a balcony or MS they were number 42 on the wait list.

One last thing. When you sail with about 1500 Canadians do you know what the conversation generally boils down to at meal times? Health care, and we never ever brought it up. Three guess as to what they thought of it?

Thanks again,

Gertz for Jack & Nora

Parker, Co

Never had a bad cruise, even the one that lasted four years.

Princess Elite

I appreciate the info as well........back to Princess and the Pacific in August of 09 to Alaska........very helpful.

Great pics by the way...........enjoyed them very much.

:eek: :o Knew I would do that guess should be guesses.

Gertz has three diplomas and a huge pedigree list hanging on the wall and she still can't spell.

Jack for Gertz

We sailed the Pacific in Nov. 07 - Tahiti to Hawaii - 12 nights. It was absolutely fantastic! Probably the best cruise ever for me. The ship was great, crew great. Food was a bit hit or miss in the dining room, but the steakhouse was superb!

I would sail any of the smaller Princess ships in a heartbeat again.

we sailed on the royal princess from Manaus to Miami in 2002. The amazon is awesome, take all the excursions you can it's worth every penny. we took an 11 hour tour through the jungle which was really a nice walk followed by lunch and then a kyack ride adjacent to the shoreline for about 2 hours. The tour guides did the paddling not the passengers, it was about 12 people in a kyack, canoe type vessel.

Hi Pia,

we are flying to Miami, staying overnight at the Intercontinental, then flying to Manaus where we pick the ship up, returning to Fort Lauderdale and flying back from there, so I know what you mean, hope you have a great time,

Elaine

Archived