Latest on Cd John Heald

rpsinnj

Just back yesterday from Glory, John Heald is not retiring this year, he will be cd on glory until december 11, then will go on vacation and return to glory in february for several months before going on break again and will be cd on liberty next year, he announced that during the week on his morning show good morning glory.....

not afraid i think carnival keeps offering him a contractor.....is the word we looking for money or like the saying goes once a player always a player......it is his life i think a lot has to do with liberty coming out and doing the europe things, john is perfect for the that with the experience from the legend and carnival wanted him real bad....we will see what happens after that...yes iluv you will finally have him as cd are you doing east or western port of call....

I get a kick out of hearing this every year because we hear the same old story every year. Kind of like a broken record.

I've been on 13 Carnival cruises, one on the Triumph this past March with Mr Heald. Maybe I'm missing something, but I just don't get the hype. While John was quite funny on stage, he didn't meet or exceed my expectations for a CD. The only time I ever saw John, other than in a show, was when he was rubbing elbows with the Captain at the cocktail party. My vision of a complete cruise director is of someone who is out and about making sure everything is running smoothly. Had this been the case, he might have noticed the Piano Bar player taking 30-45 minute breaks and when singing, catering to his girlfriend's requests on about 1 of every 3 songs he played......while numerous other requests(with $$) went unplayed.

For my money, I'll take Greg Kneal any day. On the Glory in August of '03. I saw him, at minimum, 3 times per day. Twice he asked us directly if things were up to snuff. I've never been concerned about what CD I have, as they won't make or break my cruise. I can't even recall their names most of the time. I'm not so sure I would have recalled John if not for all the hype he gets on this board. However Greg did leave an excellent impression. JMHO:cool:

Archived