Trevor Hudlin is an EXCELLENT guide!

travelin'parrothead

This is a long-overdue recommendation for Trevor Hudlin. We had a wonderful time with him and were so thankful that we had him as our tour guide when we visited Jamacia via the Carnival Conquest on August 18th, 2004. He was friendly, knowledgeable, very professional, and really made the trip for us.

When we got off the ship, we had no trouble finding Trevor. He was well-dressed and held printed sign with his name. He greeted everyone warmly and introduced another member of his company, George, who would be joining us for the day. There were 8 in our party, and we had Trevor and George to ourselves. Can’t beat a private tour! The van was air-conditioned and in good condition. Trevor was a very safe driver. We wanted to visit Mayfield Falls, eat at the Pork Pit, shop downtown, and visit Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville, and Trevor made it happen. Everything went smoothly. Along the way to the falls, Trevor told us about Jamaica, got us all singing a folk song, and stopped along the way to pick fruit for us to taste. At the falls, we parked up a small hill and walked down a gravel path to the visitor’s center. At the center there were changing rooms, bathrooms, locker rentals, and water shoe rentals. Trevor requested a guide for us (whose name, unfortunately, I can’t remember, but he was also great) and we went with the guide for a couple hours. A photographer from the visitor’s center came with us and took digital photos the whole time, which we were able to picture afterwards. The falls were beautiful and a lot of fun. The falls rose gradually over maybe a mile or so, and we walked through the water the whole way. There were lots of different routes, and you could choose to take the easy way or a more challenging path, depending on your physical ability and degree of adventurousness. The current was somewhat strong in places, so we were glad we had water shoes, in fact, I don’t think you were even allowed to go if you’d have water shoes or shoes that you could strap on. There were some neat places in the falls where you could go underwater and come up in an air pocket under the falls, or swim through an underwater tunnel…the guide helped us to find these spots. We liked the fact that the falls weren’t crowded, and we could go at our pace. And they were BEAUTIFUL! When we returned from the falls, Trevor and George were there waiting. We then drove back into town in order to get something to eat at the Pork Pit. Along the way, Trevor stopped and bought some sugar cane for us to taste. What a treat! At the Pork Pit, Trevor helped us order and made sure we got the right food. Everything was great and very reasonably priced. After the meal, Trevor asked us what we wanted to do next. We decided to go downtown and shop for souvenirs. This was the only part of the day I could have done without. Too many people hassled us. Trevor had volunteered to come with us, and we regretted not having had him come with us. I know no one would have bothered us if he had been there. We then went to Margaritaville and went for a quick swim (after sliding down a huge slide) and had a quick drink. Trevor waited outside with the van and then took us back to the ship in plenty of time.

I cannot recommend Trevor HIGHLY enough. He is the BEST! He was so easy-going and flexible, everything was “no problem.” :) Thanks, Trevor! We will definitely contact you whenever we return!!!!

Thank you!

Robin Frutchey

trevorhudlin@hotmail.com (Great communication via email)

www34.brinkster.com/trevhudlintours/default.html

Tel: (876) 873-7008

Cell: (876) 429-2803

347901337_groupphotoatmayfieldfalls.jpg.ba1ba34429a4743a257828b5f96ee720.jpg

1532424126_mayfieldfalls.jpg.c63e9679b4ed8c47496bda6522c08db7.jpg

754878634_riveratmayfieldfalls.jpg.ea1d53d673e94300765db76e11bf4de3.jpg

• 1 month later...

Parrothead . . . just tried to send a note to Trevor (several times) and each time it failed to go through. Help! Seems I don't have an acceptable password for Verizon . . . don't think I ever had one with Verizon. Is there any other way to contact him?

• 2 weeks later...

Robin,

At your suggestion I immediately contacted and booked with Trevor for the Mayfield Falls visit. We had originally thought about visiting Rose Hall Great House, but my daughter wanted to do Dunn's River Falls. I just didn't want to t... ravel that far.

Trevor answered in a timely fashion. I even spoke with him by phone to nail down one last detail.

So, I hope we have a wonderful time like you did! Thanks for such a great review. You are definitely a good PR person for Trevor and Mayfield Falls!!

I'll post my review when we return from our Dec 12-19 cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

We're back and it was great! Our tour driver was Trevor's associate, George. George is very professional and friendly, but not as outgoing as Trevor is described. Not a problem though. I could see him smiling at the stories he was hearing from me and my crew. He was a safe driver which is VERY IMPORTANT. The route to the falls (at least the one we took) was treacherous!! You wind up the mountain on a narrow road that full of holes! There are no side rails on this road. Not for the faint at heart. Be warned. Trevor did call us on the way there, which was really nice.

Mayfield Falls is beautiful. Our guides, Ricky, Byron and Howard (Rasta Man, as he preferred to be called! :D ) were friendly, very helpful and knowlegeable. They really seem to like their job. I wish we would have had more time to stay and eat because the jerk chicken being preparing smelled delightful. There is a bar there, lockers for rent, water shoes for rent, a nice fellow who sells jewelry and a small store where you can get t-shirts, and other souvenirs. You also purchase the digital pics they take of you on cd-rom there too. In addition, the guides will carry your camera or camcorders and take shots of you in the falls.

I recommend Mayfield Falls and Trevor Hudlin's tour service. You will need to be brave (for the ride there) and physically fit to climb the falls.

In the first pic you'll see Byron (one of the guides) my daughter and myself

223421207_MayfieldFalls001.jpg.41c2e1da3e0f847467ebfda8dc23d665.jpg

1617068868_MayfieldFalls006.jpg.05415f51302e1145591c37f9dbb501f9.jpg

Archived