McKinley Horseback riding

msuweather

Has anyone participated in the McKinley Horseback riding tours? We are thinking about doing this but have no horse experience. Is that okay? Is the trip fun? Any advice you can give will be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!!!:cool:

I don't know a thing about the McKinley horseback riding, but I have been several places that have offered horseback riding "excursions" with people with no riding experience whatsoever and they were fine. I find these excrusions a little tame, but I enjoy seeing different places on horseback. They pair you up with very gentle horses that know waht to do and the handlers teach you what to do. You don't need to know much more then to hold on. I talked my husband, who has only ridden maybe twice in his life, into going with me on an excursion swimming in the ocean without saddles and he loved it.

Has anyone participated in the McKinley Horseback riding tours? We are thinking about doing this but have no horse experience. Is that okay? Is the trip fun? Any advice you can give will be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!!!:cool:

We did this in May, 2005 and signed up to do it again in August this year. Last time, my husband and I were the only two people on the trip! You do not need to be an experienced rider.

thank you for your replies! I think I'm a go for it. We wanted to do something a little out of the box. Not being horse people this will be very out of the box for us but I wanted to get an idea of what y'all thought!

Many Many Thanks!!!

Archived