Have to share - Low carb, low calorie margarita - You can make it on board too!

resstation

I have to share this recipe because I've been saving calories like crazy! I love margaritas and this recipe is the closest thing to the real thing you will ever try. Believe me. The only calories are in the tequila (carbs too, by the way).

I took the ingredients with me on our last cruise (Disney - I needed tequila for that one! LOL)

Stick with me here because I never measure anything. Everything I ever make is "to taste".

Ingredients:

Zero calorie lemon-lime soda (I use Sprite Zero)

Crystal Light lemonade powder

Tequila

lime juice or "True Lime" powder (found near the sugar in the grocery store)

To make one drink - -

Put the amount of tequila you would like in one drink

fill the tall glass 2/3 of the way up with soda

sprinkle in about half teaspoon of crystal light

squeeze a little lime juice in (or a whole packet of true lime powder)

mix gently (it likes to foam up)

pour in some ice cubes to fill up the glass

Voila! Easy and delicious.

You really have to experiment with the ingredients because the crystal light is VERY sweet so you may not need as much.

Enjoy! I got the recipe a few months ago from a great website called hungry-girl.com

Wow, thanks for the recipe. I lost 15 pounds 2 months ago and have luckily been able to keep it off so far. BUT with deck season upon us and my intense love of all things Mexican, I really have been having a hard time with the margaritas.

For two Margaritas, my regular recipe is 2/3 cup Goya Mango nectar (or any type of nectar, Strawberry, Peach, Guava, etc.) 1/2 cup tequila and 3 tsp fresh lime juice, and shake it in an ice filled shaker and strain. These are delicious, but the nectars are high in calories, so I will be sure to try your version tomorrow night. thanks!

Wow, thanks for the recipe. I lost 15 pounds 2 months ago and have luckily been able to keep it off so far. BUT with deck season upon us and my intense love of all things Mexican, I really have been having a hard time with the margaritas.

For two Margaritas, my regular recipe is 2/3 cup Goya Mango nectar (or any type of nectar, Strawberry, Peach, Guava, etc.) 1/2 cup tequila and 3 tsp fresh lime juice, and shake it in an ice filled shaker and strain. These are delicious, but the nectars are high in calories, so I will be sure to try your version tomorrow night. thanks!

Please write back and let me know how you like the recipe. You are going to save yourself so many calories!

Thanks for the great idea; we have all the ingredients at home already, so will give this a try this weekend...

We have a similar recipe for a guilt-free Mojito using diet lemon-lime soda (we prefer sierra mist free), rum, a few drops of fresh lime juice, and loads of fresh mint....really refreshing, and tastes almost the same as the sugar-laden original.

Thanks for the recipe. I'm on low carb right now and I love margaritas. I've been on low carb for over 5 months (lost 40lbs so far) and I've really missed having an occasional cocktail.

Thanks for the great idea; we have all the ingredients at home already, so will give this a try this weekend...

We have a similar recipe for a guilt-free Mojito using diet lemon-lime soda (we prefer sierra mist free), rum, a few drops of fresh lime juice, and loads of fresh mint....really refreshing, and tastes almost the same as the sugar-laden original.

OH now THAT sounds delicious. I love mojitos! I'll have to try that one out tonight!

Archived