Carnival Mini Boat Excursion/Antigua

Guppie45

Hi,

I just returned from the Carnival Triumph yesterday. We sailed 5/24 -6/1 out of Miami.

We booked the mini boat excursion to a deserted island through Carnival. DO NOT BOOK THIS EXCURSION...

We had two tour guides. When we got to the island one took whoever wanted to go on a hike to the top of the island. The 2nd guide stayed with the zodiacs on the beach. The other guests walked down a path to another beach which was two minutes away. We walked to the other beach, got a hotdog and walked back. My nephew left his new nike sneakers ($110. sneakers) in his zodiac in the compartment. WHen he got back 5-7 minutes later they were gone. The only one who could take them was the guide. When asked he played dumb. We looked everywhere but could not find them.

When we got back to the pier another guest realized that $50.00 was missing from his wallet. The same guide had taken him out a bit snorkeling. When he was in the water the guide took the money out of his wallet. The guest never knew and realized when he heard the buzz of the sneakers missing he checked his wallet.

When we got back to the dock the owner of the tour supposedly told Carnival. He told them that my nephew LOST his sneakers and never made mention of the other guest who had his money stolen. We realized this and told Carnival's excursion person. They contacted the Police and my nephew made a report out. 3 hours later the sneakers were returned to my nephew on the ship. They said they searched the island and found them and then arrested the tour guide. They said he was in jail for 72 hours.

We are not sure if he was really arrested and assume that they questioned him and he gave them back. We won't ever know but we do know that the tour owner could have cared less and wasn't willing to make things right.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived