NCL Sun- Deck Upgrade

cruzingchic

Hi all! I just spoke to our NCL rep and we were moved from the Oslo deck to the Norway deck (both inside cabins). Is this a better deck that we will be on? Just asking those that have cruised the Sun before. I don't mind being on a lower deck if it is quieter. Are the cabins larger? Went from KK to II category.

Thanks! ;)

Hi Cruzingchic: We will be on the sun the cruise after you on Oct.13. We turned down the Norway deck because of the fear of being below the pool deck or the gym. They wash down the floors each morning and sometimes drag the lounge chairs around. The gym can also be a problem if you like to take naps in the afternoon. (People seem to drop weights for some reason) As long as you are not under the pool deck or gym it shouldn't be a problem. We chose to be between two decks of cabins only just to be safe.

I just checked - we are midship. Doesn't look like we are beneath the pool or gym. I hope we have made the right decision... Our cabin does not have another cabin that adjoins it. It looks like it is standing alone. Does anyone know if you feel the ship move the higher up you are?

I just checked - we are midship. Doesn't look like we are beneath the pool or gym. I hope we have made the right decision... Our cabin does not have another cabin that adjoins it. It looks like it is standing alone. Does anyone know if you feel the ship move the higher up you are?

I was on the Fjord (just below the Norway) and only felt gentle rocking, which I loved. Of couse, the seas were only moderate, at worst. You will feel more movement the higher up you go, but midship is a good location for minimizing this.

Hi all! I just spoke to our NCL rep and we were moved from the Oslo deck to the Norway deck (both inside cabins). Is this a better deck that we will be on? Just asking those that have cruised the Sun before. I don't mind being on a lower deck if it is quieter. Are the cabins larger? Went from KK to II category.

Thanks! ;)

II category are Superior Inside cabins. Many consider the higher the deck, the better the cabin. They are 20-30 sq. ft. larger than KK. Although, I like the very quiet Oslo Deck on either the Sky or Sun if there were just two in the cabin. The Oslo Deck is quieter because the elevators skip it, your only access is by stairway from the International Deck. With more in a cabin, you'll probably prefer the larger cabin.

Archived