Places where the locals eat

WANDA28

Can anyone suggest a place to have lunch. My husband as I would rather eat where the locals eat rather than the expensive touristy places! We are going to go to PB first for sunning, snacking and have some drinks but want to experiment a lil with lunch! I was kinda thinking of a place in close proximity so we can stop by carlos and charllie s on the way back to the ship and check out the excitement! BTW.... Does anyone know which pier the Carnival Ecstasy docks. THe only other ship in Cozumel POrt is Carnival Fantasy!

Can anyone suggest a place to have lunch. My husband as I would rather eat where the locals eat ...

Walk east on any of the streets they have and once you get more than two or three blocks away from Melgar you'll start running into little cafes and whatnot that aren't any bigger than a modern office cubicle. I ate lunch in one three weeks ago, two tacos and a Sol beer for $5. Steak tacos -- two soft shells, flat; thin layer of beans; cubed steak; grilled onions and lime wedges. Pico and caliente sauces.

The lady who ran it didn't speak English. I know only enough Spanish to order tacos, beer, and find the bathroom. Watched some kind of Mexican Oprah on TV. A good time was had by all. No idea what it was called. Don't even know that it had a name.

BTW.... Does anyone know which pier the Carnival Ecstasy docks. THe only other ship in Cozumel POrt is Carnival Fantasy!

If there's going to be that few ships in port, chances are Punta Langosta.

Las Palmas $

Corner of Calle 3 Sur and Av. 25

Open for lunch from 10:00 to 6:00pm Monday through Saturday, closed on Sunday

Cheap and tasty local eats. It would help you if you knew more that just a bit of Spanish if you eat here.

Las Palmas $

Cheap and tasty local eats. It would help you if you knew more that just a bit of Spanish if you eat here.

Bruce-r,

You know that I am fluent enough to order food.:D Fajitas con camerones, por favor, frejoles, pico y uno Sol.

That is just for starters.

Walk east on any of the streets they have and once you get more than two or three blocks away from Melgar you'll start running into little cafes and whatnot that aren't any bigger than a modern office cubicle. I ate lunch in one three weeks ago, two tacos and a Sol beer for $5. Steak tacos -- two soft shells, flat; thin layer of beans; cubed steak; grilled onions and lime wedges. Pico and caliente sauces.

The lady who ran it didn't speak English. I know only enough Spanish to order tacos, beer, and find the bathroom. Watched some kind of Mexican Oprah on TV. A good time was had by all. No idea what it was called. Don't even know that it had a name.

If there's going to be that few ships in port, chances are Punta Langosta.

Thats the kind of places Im talking about!!! My hubby and I went to Cancun around 2 or 3 years ago and ate at a lil stand downtown. 2 Sopes, 3 tacos and 2 sodas wereonly $8. SO good we ended up leaving our all inclusive resort twice to eat there for lunch!! My husband know a lil spanish so we should be good.. THanks!

Las Palmas $

Thanks! We may just have to try it out!

Archived