?'s about pools and flights

cabrfam

This will be our first cruise and I am trying to be prepared. Does anyone know if the pools of the Poesia are going to be heated in October for the Eastern Med. itinerary? Also since we are on a budget we decided to book an extra night post cruise as opposed to pre. From what I've been reading we probably should have done the reverse. We will arrive in Venice at around 1135am with the ship scheduled for departure at 530pm. Any advice as to whether we should switch flights or not? :eek:

Haven't been on the Poesia yet so don't know if the pools are heated. As for your flights, depends if MSC are arranging them or not. If they are and the flight is a bit late, they will hold the sailing if necessary for a little while. Any length of time, they will sail without you but arrange flights or transport to catch up at the next Port of Call (still very stressful but at least at their expense) If you are organising the flights yourself and something goes wrong, you'll have the problem and expense of getting yourself to the next Port of call to catch up with the ship.

I presume you will have to connect somewhere rather than have a direct flight? If there is a tight turnaround time, you run the risk of a) you making the connection but your luggage not b) you and your luggage missing the connection. Personally, if I had the choice, i would probably elect to go the day earlier just in case their is a hitch - it just gives you more time to sort it and less stress.

MSC have nearly always flown me out on the day of the cruise and even with short haul flights from the UK to the continent, it can be a wee bit nerve wracking. On one occasion my flight was cancelled. Fortunately it was at 6.30am and they managed to still get me there in time through a combination of flights and quick transfer times. My luggage also made it to Copenhagen too, much to my relief, but it was a very frantic 5 hours.

Guess it depends on your tolerance for stress and the cost of changing your flights.

Hope this helps.

have a great time whatever you decide.

Thanks for your input. We have arranged our own flight but it is on the same plane as anyone who booked through MSC. That's why my DH feels safe with the arrangements the way they are. It is a direct flight though which eases a little stress for me.

I guess I will just have to say a few extra prayers that things go off without a hitch, and if they don't at least my DH can't say I didn't warn him!!!!:rolleyes:

Well good luck and I must say the risks are so much less with a direct flight. If you are flying in to venice airport, the taxi ride to the port doesn't take that long. You are likely to be already there while they are still dithering about loading up the other passengers on to the bus.

if you are on the itinenary where the next stop is Bari, then at least you would be able to get there fairly easily if the absolute worse happens (which I'm sure it won't). Trains are very reasonable and very reliable in Italy, plus there are plenty of regional flights too

have fun

Archived