***My weightloss secerets***

Isn't it good to know that you know the difference now and can feel it in your body. And that you don't feel deprived or like you are on some diet that you can't stay on forever.

I have not been eating the best lately either and I can tell. Still exercising though and I know I will put the eating back in check.

kelly

I went shopping the other day. I actually went to return some things but spotted the huge summer clearance section at Kohls. Of course I had to try things on. I grabbed a pair of shorts to take to the dressing room. Now understand that I DO NOT wear shorts. Besides hating my legs I have a big booty and find it hard to find shorts to fit. So anyway, I decided I probably needed to take at least one pair on the cruise in case its deathly hot...then maybe I would wear them. So I took them into the dressing room...dreading the part where they dont button over my big ol booty....and they buttoned perfectly! THANK YOU ELLIPTICAL MACHINE!!!

Well, here is the good part....the shorts were a size smaller than what I have been wearing for the past 3 years!!

Now, dont get me wrong, I can still wear my regular pants. But I would have never in a million years been able to button those jean shorts in that size if I had given up.

I have had my ups and downs in the past few months. It is so easy to give up for one week...then one week turns into two....and two weeks turns into a month....and a few months turn into years....well you get the point. Its really easy to loose track of your goal. But you have to get back on it. There are a million excuses that seem legitimate...but in the end its just a cop out and leaves you feeling fat and bloated totally sabatoging your efforts. You do get distracted or bored and mess up sometimes but it is so important to have your bad day and jump right back on board so that one day doesnt turn into one bad year.

My (smaller) pair of shorts made me so thankful that I didnt give up and encourages me to keep going. Who knows where I'll be next year?

I went shopping the other day. I actually went to return some things but spotted the huge summer clearance section at Kohls. Of course I had to try things on. I grabbed a pair of shorts to take to the dressing room. Now understand that I DO NOT wear shorts. Besides hating my legs I have a big booty and find it hard to find shorts to fit. So anyway, I decided I probably needed to take at least one pair on the cruise in case its deathly hot...then maybe I would wear them. So I took them into the dressing room...dreading the part where they dont button over my big ol booty....and they buttoned perfectly! THANK YOU ELLIPTICAL MACHINE!!!

Well, here is the good part....the shorts were a size smaller than what I have been wearing for the past 3 years!!

Now, don't get me wrong, I can still wear my regular pants. But I would have never in a million years been able to button those jean shorts in that size if I had given up.

I have had my ups and downs in the past few months. It is so easy to give up for one week...then one week turns into two....and two weeks turns into a month....and a few months turn into years....well you get the point. Its really easy to loose track of your goal. But you have to get back on it. There are a million excuses that seem legitimate...but in the end its just a cop out and leaves you feeling fat and bloated totally sabatoging your efforts. You do get distracted or bored and mess up sometimes but it is so important to have your bad day and jump right back on board so that one day doesnt turn into one bad year.

My (smaller) pair of shorts made me so thankful that I didnt give up and encourages me to keep going. Who knows where I'll be next year?

That was a great post. You must feel so much better. I am like that...usually wearing carpis at best. Got the thighs and behind to always keep covered! I wanted to tell you....I put on a favorite pencil skirt this weekend and felt the extra room in the waistband. I can still wear it a little longer but another 5 lbs. and not likely. I was thinking about clothes as we lose. There are 4 stages for every size or article of clothing.

1. I can get into it, which translates as: I can lay on the bed, suck in my breath, hold my stomach muscles in, and manage to get those jeans zipped up. But you end up with flesh overlapping the sides and they are UNCOMFORTABLE.

2. You lose weight and they can actually fit well, even though you don't like the size you are in. The jeans fit decently and you can stand up and get them zipped.

3. Those jeans are getting downright loose. You can still get away with wearing them but the thighs are not pasted to the sides anymore. You can feel them move when you walk and you have room around the waistband.

4. Those jeans are downright sloppy looking and you had better spring for a new pair in a smaller size.

I'm at stage 3 right now in my pencil skirt. I can pull the waist out and have plenty of room. Almost to stage 4! I should be shopping for a new pencil skirt right now. Really, in the size that I've been wearing, "pencil" skirt just doesn't fit.:D

That was a great post. You must feel so much better. I am like that...usually wearing carpis at best. Got the thighs and behind to always keep covered! I wanted to tell you....I put on a favorite pencil skirt this weekend and felt the extra room in the waistband. I can still wear it a little longer but another 5 lbs. and not likely. I was thinking about clothes as we lose. There are 4 stages for every size or article of clothing.

1. I can get into it, which translates as: I can lay on the bed, suck in my breath, hold my stomach muscles in, and manage to get those jeans zipped up. But you end up with flesh overlapping the sides and they are UNCOMFORTABLE.

2. You lose weight and they can actually fit well, even though you don't like the size you are in. The jeans fit decently and you can stand up and get them zipped.

3. Those jeans are getting downright loose. You can still get away with wearing them but the thighs are not pasted to the sides anymore. You can feel them move when you walk and you have room around the waistband.

4. Those jeans are downright sloppy looking and you had better spring for a new pair in a smaller size.

I'm at stage 3 right now in my pencil skirt. I can pull the waist out and have plenty of room. Almost to stage 4! I should be shopping for a new pencil skirt right now. Really, in the size that I've been wearing, "pencil" skirt just doesn't fit.:D

LOL That is the most true thing I have ever read! I Love it! Im going to print it of and post it on my fridge.

You know I cant wait to be completely in a stage 4 with ALL my clothes! Congratulations on your stage 3.5!! Wont it be great to have a closet full of FAT jeans I cant wear instead of a closet full of SKINNY jeans I cant wear?

LOL That is the most true thing I have ever read! I Love it! Im going to print it of and post it on my fridge.

You know I cant wait to be completely in a stage 4 with ALL my clothes! Congratulations on your stage 3.5!! Wont it be great to have a closet full of FAT jeans I cant wear instead of a closet full of SKINNY jeans I cant wear?

I got BOLD this weekend. I've been wearing TIGHT 16s for over a year until starting the plan. Now that some of my summer clothes (16s) are getting loose, I actually decided to bag them up and take them to a friend and some to Goodwill. I did a major closet clean-out and decided that there is no way that I am going to wear those summer shorts, capris, and tops in size 16 next year. RIGHT? So why not get rid of them? (Me talking myself into getting rid of some really cute fat clothes. OMG, isn't that a contradiction in terms! CUTE FAT CLOTHES!) It felt good to see them go. This time I am not hanging onto anything in bigger sizes. No backsliding for me. ;)

Sass,

I am also on South Beach. I'm going into week 2. Trying to lose 25 lbs by Christmas, with a total of 30 lbs by 2/21/09 cruise.

Marlene

You can do it. It took me 9 weeks but I'm down 25.6lbs. :D I'm now in my 10th week. The best advice I can give is to stick with it. The results are totally worth it. :)

Archived