Dress shoes for dinner on the cruise

Boxer Lover

We leave next week for our cruise tour and cruise. I have started the

"I don't know what to pack " event. Could someone please tell me if people wear sandal type shoes with their dress pants or do they wear dress boots with their dress pants to dinner onboard the cruise. We will be on the Radiance ship. I am used to going to the Caribbean and not having to worry about this. I think I am going to need another vacation after this is all done!

Thanks

Brenda

I'm leaving on Thursday and finally zipped the suitcases and said I'm done before I lose my mind!! I don't know what most wear but I am bringing dress sandals for formal night and using them with dress pants the rest of the time. I figured that they would take up much less space and are lighter (my bags are just under the 50lb. limit now). Good Luck!

I brought one pair of black sandals and wore them to dinner every night. They worked for formal, semi/informal, and casual. I was determined to only bring one pair of dress shoes so I made sure to bring clothes that they worked with. Boots take up a lot of room in your suitcase so I'd skip those and just go with sandals. I was never chilly on the ship and didn't even use my wrap or sweater some nights.

I try to bring one pair of dress sandals also. I usaully pack black that can be used with all dining room attire. I like my shoes to match my outfits but I want to cut down on the amount that I pack when cruising.

Don't bother with boots if it's warmth you're worried about. It was actually warmer in the public areas on our May Alaskan cruise a couple of years ago than it was on our recently completed So. Caribbean! I froze from the AC at dinner!

How about us guys......can we wear dress sandals to formal nights? How about if I make sure it matches my dinner jacket? Just kidding....couldn't resist !

No, you guys have to wear the heavy, clunky shoes that take up so much room in the suitcase. :D

Archived