what a dream!!!!

grills

Can't believe how nervous I was about going to Bermuda on the Dream. It was by far such a wonderful cruise. By far the smoothest we have ever been on (22 of us in all) I guess weather does make all the difference

The rooms were wonderful, comfy beds, clean. I had an obstructed view but could still see plenty while in port. (Nice to be on the water view side)

Favorite things; Room service for breakfast. Fresh fruit plate so good, muffins, juice, coffee. Fine for me. Nice to be served like that.

Walking each morning on the walking deck. How beautiful to walk around the ship and see the beautiful ocean.

Shows were above average. Great entertainers.

Romance package, well worth it. Champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries in room, a night of canapes, Cake and champagne party, Dinner in LeBistro, with a bottle of wine which was terrific. All for $79.

Loved the cookout at lunch time. Great dogs, burgers, grilled pork chops, chicken, side dishes. Nice to enjoy while sunning in your bathing suit.

House wine; Very good and very reasonable.

Dinner in Trattoria. First night , sun was setting, saw a whale outside, food very good.

Service; some very good and some under par but overall nothing horrible.

I learned people really want perfection, are very hard to please and they could have 90 % of the time great service but just focus on the negative.

The people complaining bothered me far worse than the few "under par servers"

Breakfast in Terraces. They wait on you and food was great. Especially the smoked salmon benedict.

Bermuda was wonderful, loved docking in St Georges. Shopped, walked, had lunch by the water, went to Tobacco Bay, pretty tropical fish. Guys golfed at St Georges golf course. Unbelieveable views.

Loved the bus ride. To see the views and the local school children was such fun.

Went to Dockyard. Spentday shopping, lunch at Frog and Onion; great beer sampler, snorkling at Snorkel park. Tasted the rum cakes, freshly made there.

The rest of the group we were with raved about the horse and buggy ride. They all learned so much.

It was a wonderful time, great ship, She may be older like me but she still had a lot of life left in her

Grills

The rooms were wonderful, comfy beds, clean. I had an obstructed view but could still see plenty while in port. (Nice to be on the water view side)

Grills

Which room were you in if I may ask? We have an "obstructed view" also and were wondering if we could see anything but the life boats.

Cheryl

We were in room 8225. Had partial obstruction. Really loved looking out at the boats and beautiful water in St Georges.

someone asked about Salmon Benedict. Smoked salmon, spinach, hollandaise sauce on an english muffin. Delicious!!! Grills

cheryl at work Not sure how to reply so I hope you got the message I posted about room. Bring a watch because you do need it. No alarm clark in room. One hour time change to Bermuda. Lots of stuff happening on ship. Get to shows early they fill up fast.

thought of another good idea. The bar service was slow in restaurants. Go to one of the many lounges before dinner if you wish a drink, order it there and you can carry it into the restaurant. That way if you really like a glass of wine or beer with dinner, you won't have to wait because sometimes that did take time. grills

My husband and I are pretty easy going but we honestly had very little complaints. I had been on Carnivale, and Royal Carribean. I really loved leaving from Boston with no air fare. We were home by 11:00 am the day we got back. Very easy getting off ship! Grills

I'm so glad you enjoyed your cruise. Bermuda is paradise, isn't it???

Salmon Benedict???? Really??? Is that like eggs Benedict only with salmon instead of ham? That sounds absolutely heavenly!!!

Yeppers. On Pearl they served these also.

Daily they served traditional eggs Benedict plus one other - either the salmon one or the spinach one.

My fave was the spinach one.

Glad to hear the OP had a great cruise. We are very much like the OP - we enjoyed our NCL cruises and thought the food and service wonderful. No complaints from us at all.

We were in room 8225. Had partial obstruction. Really loved looking out at the boats and beautiful water in St Georges.

Grills

Thanks, by looking at the deck plans, your room was more to the side of the lifeboats. Ours is directly in middle. I was just hoping I could see what the weather was like by either looking over the top or bottom.

Cheryl

Thanks for the really positive review!! We are leaving July 6 with our two daughters and 3 year old granddaughter in tow. We have two rooms 90024, 90023 anyone one know if this was a good choice of rooms?:rolleyes: We are really getting excited and I will post a review when I return..

Cheryl,

We were in cabin 8038 which was about 9/10 obstructed by a lifeboat. Looking down you could see the promenade deck. You could see a bit on the sides and top. You are able to see what the weather is like but need to be standing by the window. The cabin location was very convenient.

Have a great cruise. Wish I could go back again this summer.

Janet

Which room were you in if I may ask? We have an "obstructed view" also and were wondering if we could see anything but the life boats.

Cheryl

Sailed on the Dream about 3 yrs ago. I don't remember what room we were in but we had a partially obstructed view (maybe about 1/3 was visible?)

Everyone always complains when there are more than 2 people in the room, but we had our steward get rid of the coffee table and chair and there was more than enough room for us 4 gals.

Cheryl,

We were in cabin 8038 which was about 9/10 obstructed by a lifeboat. Looking down you could see the promenade deck. You could see a bit on the sides and top. You are able to see what the weather is like but need to be standing by the window. The cabin location was very convenient.

Have a great cruise. Wish I could go back again this summer.

Janet

Thanks Janet

Any glimpse of the weather will be a real treat for us since we normally sail in cheapo inside cabins.

Cheryl

Yeppers. On Pearl they served these also.

Daily they served traditional eggs Benedict plus one other - either the salmon one or the spinach one.

My fave was the spinach one.

Yum! Do you know (or anyone else out there) if salmon benedict is served on the Dawn? The eggs benedict on the Dawn was absolutely delicious. So, I'm definitely going to eat that at least once next week. But, if salmon benedict is available, I'll have some decisions to make!

I am so glad to read a uplifting review. Every cruise line, every venue always have negative reviews, but they also have positive reviews Every vacation I have been on never has been perfect, but it was always a great vacation.

I love reading everyones opinion on how they handled the not so perfect things encountered on there trips. I always take the advice of those who speak positivly of there experiance with some suggestions of how to make it smoother.

Grills again thank you. I can;t wait to go. My sister and father were on the 5/18 cruise and were just as positive even with the very bad weather. The Dream crew did a great job.

Sunluva7 8/10/08 will be here before you know it!!!

Archived