Beach Recommendation

phychoice

Take the number 7 bus to Horseshoe Bay. It is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. The sand is great for the kids and there are sand chair rentals, bathrooms, showers and refreshments available. One hint, if you walk to the far end and go around the rock formations, there are some nice protected coves there, with few people.

There can be a bit of wave action all along the south shore. Just be careful of the undertow if the surf is high when you are there.

After a day at the beach, I would also recommend the $1 per person van ride up the hill to the bus stop if you have your kids with you. The driver is an entertaining gentleman during the 1 minute ride up.

You will not be disappointed with Horseshoe Bay.

The snorkel park right at King's Wharf is calmer, but the beach is nowhere near as nice as the south shore beaches. The bus and ferry pass is worth the money, since the transportation system is so extensive, clean and easy to use. Another hint, when using the busses in Bermuda, be sure to make eye contact and greet the driver when boarding. They are very professional and friendly.

Eric

No problem. Have a great time! I was just there a couple of weeks ago. It is a wonderful beach on a beautiful island. There are also a few very small caves in the rock formations at the end of Horseshoe Bay. Your kids should get a charge out of those. They are safe to explore and only go in a few feet.

Eric

Hi,

Does anyone know how the snorkeling is at Snorkel Park? I too am going to Kings Wharf on the June 29th sailing of the Dawn. My 15 yr old son loves adventures so I was thinking renting a jet ski and snorkeling.

Also, how far is Horseshoe Bay and Tobacco Bay from Kings Wharf ?

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi,

Does anyone know how the snorkeling is at Snorkel Park? I too am going to Kings Wharf on the June 29th sailing of the Dawn. My 15 yr old son loves adventures so I was thinking renting a jet ski and snorkeling.

Also, how far is Horseshoe Bay and Tobacco Bay from Kings Wharf ?

Thanks,

Kevin

the #7 bus takes approximately 35-40 minutes to Horseshoe Bay. I've heard that sometimes there are special buses that run directly to Horseshoe Bay, I guess that means without any stops to pick up/drop off people.

For Tobacco Bay you will probably want to take the ferry to St. George's. It's about 40 minutes.

I've heard that sometimes there are special buses that run directly to Horseshoe Bay, I guess that means without any stops to pick up/drop off people.

Generally these "EXPRESS" buses are put into place in the afternoon in order to return cruise passengers to the pier in time for departure.

Archived