May 18 - June 2 Back to Back Carnival Valor Review

santacap

I have the Valor Eastern on my short list for "to do" one day. Thanks for the review.

We loved Belize and Roatan when we were there last month on Glory. We went cave tubing with Major Tom and loved him and his crew. In Roatan, we had a driver who took us on a tour; went to the Iguana Farm, then to Fosters West Bay resort, which was great. Gorgeous beach there.

FYI, that isn't the Miracle in that one photo in Coz. It looks like one of the Fantasy-class ship's that's already had the pool upgrade, because the slide is at the back. Miracle's larger and has those "bump" in sides.

Anyway, thanks again.

cjkumbaya - no doubt, I think i was on the carnival site the day after return to see what all was coming up. We just need to move closer to a port though (Toronto now). Its probably the only vacation we'll take, save for visiting family in Scotland / Ireland and even then we might combine the two. Glad you enjoyed

NCtribefan - yeah, I wanted to go back and edit it, but alas I was too late. EC was a great itinerary as its nicely spread out with sea days and port days. Nassau is kind of a short day but IMO there isnt much for us to do there that we enjoy. Long day in St Thomas is amazing. Im really looking forward to going back to Roatan, and the Glory is actually a ship we're looking at doing next. Thanks.

Few pics of the ship.

DSCF2196.jpg

DSCF2231.jpg

DSCF2234.jpg

DSCF2238.jpg

DSCF2258.jpg

DSCF2259.jpg

I got some great footage of the evactuation from my balcony, once I get it all edited out as there was a lot of 'downtime' I'll get it posted.

Just got it up on youtube... cut it down to 6 minutes. Hope you enjoy it:)

Hi Santacap,

Great pictures and review. I will be on the Valor on June 22 so your comments and pictures really are a help. Did you say that you were also from Toronto? If you are then maybe we should carpool the next cruise!

Sandy

E: sandy@alexanderlimo.ca

ps: The Coast Guard came to visit while we were on the Triumph last year - the cruise ships must keep the coasties busy.

100_1265_01.jpg.a9d5ef8ec4a68ef10feb52ee8b1b002a.jpg

Just got it up on youtube... cut it down to 6 minutes. Hope you enjoy it:)

....for the great review & pics. We are going on the Valor back2back at the end of Jan. Our group have discussed eating dinner in the dining room at the early sitting on the first half & the late sitting on the second half or vice versa...we thought this may help us to be able to see all shows...is this a good idea or do you suggest staying with the same dining times & waiters for the 14 days? Any other tips/hints you can give me will be appreciated. Glad you had a great cruise.

Torontcruiser - yep... well, Mississauga, but close enough. Enjoy your cruise, any questions let me know, hopefully I could help. Thanks.

Bobug - if we had to say which one we enjoyed more it would definitely be the late seating. You get the same shows whether you're early or late it depends on the person. We found having a little time to get ready made for a more relaxing night. We did the early for our young nephews and a grandmother aboard. Enjoy your cruise, any other questions let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived