Crown Princess cabin selection help?!?!

Wonders10

Hi there,

Planning on booking a British Isles cruise on the Crown Princess for 2009 in the near future. We definitely want a balcony. In April, we sailed on the Carribbean Princess and were on the Aloha Deck, midship with balcony. The location was pretty decent...I had no complaints although we were high up and I'm concerned that the waters over there are more rough, thus more movement (however neither of us are at all prone to motion sickness).

So any suggestions for good cabin decks?

Thanks!

*Shannon

I wouldn't worry too much about how high you are, as long as you are midships. Being on a deck where you can use the stairs, instead of the elevators wi a huge bonus--you know how ship's elevators are----sloooow!

I'd pick a deck closest to where I'd be spending the greatest amount of time!

We've been on the crown princess a few times. We always stay in the aft of the ship. Our last room was B749 at the very back of the ship. We find it very peaceful seeing the wake of the ship. Never a problem with motion sickness.

We've been on the crown princess a few times. We always stay in the aft of the ship. Our last room was B749 at the very back of the ship. We find it very peaceful seeing the wake of the ship. Never a problem with motion sickness.

I would agree, on the very back rooms on a ship. We've never had a Princess fully aft, but had one on the Valor. Given the vertical orientation of the aft section of the Princess Grand classes though, there would definitely be more privacy than the Conquest class of Carnival, because of the slope of the Carnival boats.

Not sure about the Princess ships, but on the Valor you could feel the "tail wag" back and forth movement from the vigorous rotation of the "wheels".

If you can swing the price, book a mini-suite, specifically E731 or E730. Second choice go for D732 or D733. These are the most aft, side facing minisuites on the ship. (There are no Aft facing Mini-suites)

These four cabins cost the same as all the other minis but have MUCH bigger verandas, plus a partial view of the ship's wake. This is a bit of a secret because the deck plans do not show the actual size and shape of these verandahs. We stayed in E731 on the Emerald, the Crown's sister ship. There are photos on the web showing these cabin verandahs of both ships, so you can see they are the same. If I knew how to post photos here, I would post ours. Feel free to e-mail me at:

gayle-eeyore@hotmail.com

and I will happily e-mail the photos to you, if you're interested.

The ones on the Emerald deck IMHO are preferable because they are covered by the Dolphin deck verandahs, giving them full privacy and shade. (The Dolphin deck verandas have no privacy and no shade.) But if you like sun, and don't mind the lack of privacy, those two verandahs on the Dolphin deck are even bigger.

PS, We never felt and "tail wag" on the Emerald, but we have on other ships.

C752 or C753, we had C752 on the Emerald in December. Extended wrap aft balcony, we had 2 recliner chairs, 2 regular chairs and a large table and still had a lot of room left over. it was so private and quiet. We did not feel any movement it was just perfect, we will not cruise in anyother cabin from now on.

• 8 months later...
C752 or C753, we had C752 on the Emerald in December. Extended wrap aft balcony, we had 2 recliner chairs, 2 regular chairs and a large table and still had a lot of room left over. it was so private and quiet. We did not feel any movement it was just perfect, we will not cruise in anyother cabin from now on.

Hello,

We just grabbed C752 on the Emerald for our upcoming Batic cruise. Do you have any pictures to share?

• 1 year later...
Hello,

We just grabbed C752 on the Emerald for our upcoming Batic cruise. Do you have any pictures to share?

google C752 or C753 and you will get photos.

Best cabin we had on Princess--- even with having that E731 on the Crown.

Ill go back to that aft from now on

Archived