I'm Canadian Eh! - Airlines

toberman

Another Canadian here....we live on Vancouver Island in British Columbia....we flew from Victoria to Seattle for $200 per person (round trip) with Horizon, then flew from Seattle to Fort Lauderdale ($200 per person, round trip, I have no idea how we managed to get that price) with Delta.

Loved both airlines, never had any delays, travel went smoothly.

I also live in T.O. Booked US Air from Buffalo to San Juan for next Feb last week. Flying in a day early and the Monday after we return is a holiday so if we encounter delays we should be ok. Air Canada non stop to San Juan $750.00 per person. US Air transfering in Charlotte N.C. 339.00 per person. Even though I hate transfering planes I'm willing to do it for a $400.00 savings per ticket.

Hey, yet another Canadian

We live near London, so within 2 1/2 hrs of Buffalo or Detroit. We only fly out of Toronto if we get a deal.

I have flown out of Buffalo on JetBlue to San Juan for $280 each last December. We've flown Southwest to Tampa for $302 each(direct flight) and we've flown Buffalo to Seattle (Alaska cruise) on NorthWest for $295.

All of these flight were waaaay less than flying out of Toronto. Buffalo is an awesome airport, small and easy and decent parking right there.

We liked JetBlue, with connection at JFK and we liked SouthWest too. We don't mind no frills, especially if it's only a 3 hr flight or so. For the significant savings driving to these airports was well worth the cost.

We will fly out of Detroit in August to fly in US Airways to London, England and paid $680 each versus Toronto to London, for $1310 each. It's worth the drive and connection to save $1260 for two.

Try using sidestep dot com and plug in the airports close to you, Toronto, Syracuse or Buffalo and put your dates and you'll be able to compare. Just keep in mind that Southwest doesn't have flight out yet for NOv. and I"m not sure if JetBlue does yet either. If you watch and book SouthWest as soon as those dates open for booking you can usually get a good deal as they have cheap internet rates that go up as more people book.

Good luck

Southwest doesn't have a schedule out yet past Oct. Believe me - I'm checking hourly!! As it stands now SWA BUF-FLL end of Oct $300pp return. ACA YYZ-FLL $800 and WJA YYZ-FLL nearly $800 pp/return. That's almost a $1000 savings to drive an extra 1+30 hours. Again, ACA has a seat sale on now, but it ends Oct 31 - I need Nov.

This flying thing is really starting to suck, and can take away the 'initial' enjoyment of the Cruise planning. But once your on the ship..... 365925a3.gif

Doug

You really cannot go wrong w/ Southwest, if you want to drive to Buffalo. They have nonstop direct flights to Ft.Lauderdale or Orlando for $124/130.

They seldom change schedules, because they run like clockwork.

Bring your passports,

Steve

• 1 month later...
Toberman, we also live in Kingston and for our past 3 cruises ALWAYS fly out of Syracuse. Very easy drive (much better than to Toronto and Pearson). We have flown US Air, Delta and Continental and maybe a couple of others. The only thing with Syr. is that it is nearly impossible to get a direct flight so be prepared for one days air travel. You will probably save roughly $200.00 per seat flying out of the US. Have a great trip. :D

Hi ther B & B Cannucks..just reading this thread about air out of Canada..and noticed that you are from my home town...:D goin gto be in Kingston in September...

We live in the New Brunswick...fights out of here are the pits...we try to fly out of Bangor or Portland, Maine...flights are as a rule cheaper(but with feul taxes and etc I do not know how long this will last) We have flown Delta, Cont, and will we flying Air Tran in Dec. Even though we have top pay for a hotel and parking and gas...it is still cheaper than Air Canada & Westjet. Our Air Tran cost us one way to Orlando and one way back from Tampa ~$500CAN/couple(~$250/person)

this is a great thread! can't believe the prices that you all have been quoting.

I will check out Southwest and AirTran and sidestep dot com out of Seattle for our future trips. (our closest Cdn. airport is Vancouver YVR)

What are the best airlines flying direct from Detroit to Ft Lauderdale? Buffalo is a bit further for us but doable if price is right.

We used to fly Westjet from Toronto but they are discontinuing their AirMiles card so we will be looking elsewhere in the future.

Archived