Anyone using the pool in May in Mediterranean?

pandi77

Our friends just returned from the Gem on the May 10th, Mediterraneum cruise. They described the temperature as comfortable days and cool nights, but a bit chilly for swimming.

Can anyone add any accounts of their memory regarding the temperature around the same time in the Med? We'd like to pack smart and unless the pool is heated probably won't bring swimsuits if it isn't at least "warm"

Thanks

Our friends just returned from the Gem on the May 10th, Mediterraneum cruise. They described the temperature as comfortable days and cool nights, but a bit chilly for swimming.

Can anyone add any accounts of their memory regarding the temperature around the same time in the Med? We'd like to pack smart and unless the pool is heated probably won't bring swimsuits if it isn't at least "warm"

Thanks

We sailed the Gem May 18-25 and also found the weather to be a little too cool for swimming most days. The very first port day (Malta), however, was very warm and perfect for a dip in the pool.

On our other Med cruise in late May 2003 we had very hot weather for the entire 12 days. I don't think you can really "plan" for the weather. Just bring your swimsuit...if you use it great, if not that's okay too. It's not like a swimsuit will take up much room in the luggage anyway. :)

I was on Jewel in late May doing Eastern Med last year and lots of people were useing the pool. Only one day did poeple not use it when it was rainy and cold. But the rest of the time it was between 70s to 90s. (We went to Egypt it hots down there).

On our TA from Miami to Rome in April (another line) we used the pool a few times. Unheated seawater! Once we were in the pool up to our necks and could exhale, it was OK - sort of. After 15-20 minutes my fingers turned white and started tingling; nature's hint for me to get out. Needless to say we were the only ones in there. As a reward, a quick warm shower and off into the hot tub. Just leaning back and watching the sky. Can it get any better?

Archived