Guerrero's Charter Service to Goff's Caye

Theronlou

Haven't heard of them but I wonder why you'd do a private charter to there when the cruise line offers one. That would mean that there will be others at the caye so while you may have the boat to yourself, there will be lots of people on the island. Okay, maybe you'll save yourself some money, but then the cruiseline excursion tender takes you directly to the island from the ship and back. With a private tour, you'll have to take a tender to shore and then take a boat to the island. I guess the only beifit I woul dsee is if you got to spend more time on the island through a private tour.

I've gone twice with the cruise line excursion to Goff's caye and thought it was great. Either way you go, it's great snorkelling.

I wonder why you'd do a private charter to there when the cruise line offers one.

I guess the only beifit I woul dsee is if you got to spend more time on the island through a private tour.

I've gone twice with the cruise line excursion to Goff's caye and thought it was great. Either way you go, it's great snorkelling.

Well, here's the thing...

I explained all of that to my husband...(the guy who works very hard for all of the money we're spending:D)...and he chose the private option. We have a big family and will fill the boat ourselves. (# of people, not necessarily large in size:o )

I realize we're all going to the same place, whether we go private or through Carnival, and that it will no longer be private once we arrive at the tiny island, but the tour times are staggered (by one hour) from Carnival's, and the private tour is one full hour longer.

Another reason, because we have multiple cabins, when booking through Carnival, it's possible that we could get 1 or 2 cabins booked, and then not be able to get the rest of the family on the excursion at the same time.

Those are just some of the things that we need to take into consideration.

So that's why I was asking if anyone has had experience with this charter service in particular.

???When Carnival books their excursions, do you know which company you're dealing with; once you're on the tour/trip?

Just curious, because we have never done a ship excursion before.

Thanks!

Marylou

Archived