BOSS Tour

PA Dutchman

• 2 weeks later...

I just mentioned this on another post, but I thought I would paste my response here in case you miss my other one. Hope this information helps.

My son and I just got home from a cruise on the Triumph. We had the BOSS excursion planned and were super excited about our trip. First, Jim and his crew are awsome..... They take you for about a 20 minute ride to a island that many other excursion groups are at. However, they are packed in their boats like sardeens. There are only about 18 in the BOSS group. Once at the site, we were divided into 3 groups. Each group had a chance to snorkle (they supplied the equipment) while the other group used the scooter.

Ok - the scooter. I had no problems getting into my scooter. My son (14 years old) was able to get in the scooter, but unable to 'pop' his ears, so he could not get underwater to enjoy the purpose of the trip. I was very surprised by the number of people who could not get underwater or stay underwater with their scooter. (just a little warning - you pay a lot of money and might not be able to use the scooter) BUT - the crew works very hard to make sure you are enjoying yourself and they will try hard to help you get in the scooter.

The crew will also take pictures of you while you are underwater. I wish I had my pictures developed so I could show you.

You are only underwater (in the scooter) for about 20 minutes. The rest of the time you are snorkling or getting instruction.

I would not repeat this excursion - but I am glad that I did it once.

Did this answer all your questions?

Julie

Archived