Aqua class Cabin on Solstice

Ercohn

I am going to book the Aqua class cabin on the Soltice for the Nov. 30th sailing. Since it is a new ship, I am not sure which cabin # to pick. Is it better to be under the spa or more toward mid-ship under the pool? I have always heard it is loud under the pool.

Thanks,

Erica

I am going to book the Aqua class cabin on the Soltice for the Nov. 30th sailing. Since it is a new ship, I am not sure which cabin # to pick. Is it better to be under the spa or more toward mid-ship under the pool? I have always heard it is loud under the pool.

Thanks,

Erica

Hi Erica !

Unfortunately, it is very hard to give a definitive answer, as the Solstice class is not sailing yet. When given a choice of decks, We tend to stay away from being directly under the pool. On the other hand, mid-ship is a great place to be. In the case of Aqua class, you only have 1 deck to choose from. In this situation, I would probably go for the more mid-ship option, though I am sure this will make for an interesting debate. Enjoy your Cruise !

I am struggling with this decision myself. Note though that there are AQ cabins aft of the "hump" and the main elevators as well, which would have only cabins above you. Anything front of the hump runs some risk of pools or gym equipment. Chances are we are worried about nothing and the sound-proofing will be fine, but it may be worth looking at the further aft AQ's, just to be safe.

There are lots of threads going on about Aquaclass cabins right now, and this has been a hot topic of discussion. Lots of folks are concerned about noise overhead from the pool, so are avoiding AQ cabins below the pool. Others are hoping to get a larger-than-normal balcony, so they are booking cabins on the angle of the hump, which, according to photos of the ship under construction, appear to be extended (although they have an overhang). I booked an AQ cabin midship under the pool (couldn't get the hump), since I prefer midship and I'm not too concerned about noise. I sleep with earplugs, so noise at night or early morning won't bother me - and I don't expect to be in my cabin all that much during the day, so I probably won't be bothered by noise then either.

Some people are theorizing that the AQ cabin concept is a means for Celebrity to sell those cabins directly under the pool, which normally are considered sub-optimal due to overhead noise, at a premium price. I disagree - the whole Aquaclass concept has too many unique perks and aspects, and I think it's a fascination experiment. Right now the prices for AQ are barely over CC, so I think it's a bargain!

I heard an aqua class booking gets you extra points for captain's club...anyone know if thats true and what the point allotment is? Thanks

It's the same as booking in Concierge Class : 1 extra cruise credit.

I heard an aqua class booking gets you extra points for captain's club...anyone know if thats true and what the point allotment is? Thanks

You get a bonus credit for booking a suite, aqua class, or concierge class.

• 4 weeks later...

Reading this thread has raised a couple of questions for me. Perhaps someone can help or direct me accordingly. Until reading here, I hadn't realized AQ counts for double cruise credits either.

• Would our Mercury Sky Suite have counted as 2 cruise credits?
  • What number do I call for Capt Club? Us Canucks can't use the log on on the website as it doesn't accept our postal codes! Something very simple to fix which they don't bother doing and I find very annoying. :(

Thanks for any help.

Reading this thread has raised a couple of questions for me. Perhaps someone can help or direct me accordingly. Until reading here, I hadn't realized AQ counts for double cruise credits either.

• What number do I call for Capt Club? Us Canucks can't use the log on on the website as it doesn't accept our postal codes! Something very simple to fix which they don't bother doing and I find very annoying. :(

Thanks for any help.

I have never had a problem logging in to the site or booking via the site. It has been so long since I established a password, I don't remeber what was involved.:o

I booked an Aqua Class on Equinox for January 2010 under the pool - last cabin on the hump. Only area of the pool above the cabins is back areas with some chairs and this area is probably totally enclosed with glass. I do not believe that noise will be a problem particuarly considering that we are not in our cabin during the day anyhow. Biggest issue for me is the overhang - I despise it (could not find harsher word allowable here). Last cabin on the mump has mimumum overhang.

Thanks for any help.

Hi Holly...

I don't have any problems with using the Celebrity site as a Canadian. What exactly are you having difficulities with? Maybe we can help.

Here is the contact information for:

Captain's Club:

Contact Information

Call us on this special line created exclusively for our most loyal guests.

Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM EST

Saturday and Sunday 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM EST

U.S. & Canada 1-800-760-0654

Hi Holly...

I don't have any problems with using the Celebrity site as a Canadian. What exactly are you having difficulities with? Maybe we can help.

Here is the contact information for:

Captain's Club:

Contact Information

Call us on this special line created exclusively for our most loyal guests.

Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM EST

Saturday and Sunday 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM EST

U.S. & Canada 1-800-760-0654

Thanks to both of you Canucks. :)

Velly intellesting neither of you have any challenges getting on to the Captn's Club portion. :D I have no probelms with Celeb site per se. I can log on/book and whatever whatever. However if I try to go into CClub - even if I'm logged onto Celeb's site - it asks for my CC # & my Postal code. When I fill that in (and why should one have to???) then it tells me my CC# & PC don't *work together*. I've called Celeb about this a couple of times recently. One time my PC was wrong (old address) so I corrected that and thot I was good to go. Then - not. so I called again and the next story was the Cap Club doesn't work with Canuck PC's. However - I guess this is all malarky if both of you have no problems -- ya think? :confused:

I'll try the CC# you so kindly provided me Elena.

I'd appreciate any thots you both (or anyone else) wants to share. Remember - I don't have any problems logging into or doing anything on the Celeb site. It's ONLY when I try to access the CClub portion that I run into a challenge. Any thots much appreciated. But - I've so deflected the emphasis of this thread I'm embarrassed. :o

So let me address that. I have an 'almost' booking for Solstice. What I chose was a C1 on Sky that *appears* to have a larger balcony. As for us - this is a Med cruise in late Sep, its not going to be a crucial point as this is not so much a sun cruise as a adventure cruise. At this moment, I don't see Solstice as having many truly *great* cabins. I'm happy to be doing Connie to the Carib with a big balcony and a great room. That is not so important on the Med cruise. I would consider upgrading to the AQ cabin above me should it become avail on Solstice. I really think you/one needs to assess where they are going at what time of year and of how much use said balcony is going to be.

In conclusion - for me:

Med in late Sept = not HUGE balcony use but I'll always try for the best I can get. :)

Carribean in Feb = HUGE balcony use so it's VERY important what balcony I get.

AQ - I'll definitely be waitlisting for AQ on Solstice IF I can get the cabin directly above me. I'm not a big spa person but after all those port tours I'm sure I'd look forward to some pampering. For ME - it wouldn't be at all important if I was going to the Carribean in Feb.

So there ya go. :p

Hi Holly

Have you tried going to the home page, right bottom corner? I usually choose the option of being from the United States not Canada.:)

• 3 months later...
Can someone explain the overhang? I have a hold on a hump Aqua class, but I prefer uncovered balconies. Thanks.

Well, your balcony is definitely not going to be uncovered - at the very least, you'll have a balcony directly above yours, so the floor of the balcony above you will be the roof of your balcony. Unlike aft cabins, where the stern is angled so at least part of the balconies are uncovered, the side balconies on Solstice are all stacked directly on top of each other.

As for the overhang...that depends on where on the hump you're located. Are you on an angle, or on the outside of the hump? Some balconies on the angle appear to have an overhang that extends even beyond the end of the balcony.

There are lots of pics of Solstice in the main Solstice thread - if you look through a few of the exterior shots, you'll see what I mean.

Well, your balcony is definitely not going to be uncovered - at the very least, you'll have a balcony directly above yours, so the floor of the balcony above you will be the roof of your balcony. Unlike aft cabins, where the stern is angled so at least part of the balconies are uncovered, the side balconies on Solstice are all stacked directly on top of each other.

As for the overhang...that depends on where on the hump you're located. Are you on an angle, or on the outside of the hump? Some balconies on the angle appear to have an overhang that extends even beyond the end of the balcony.

There are lots of pics of Solstice in the main Solstice thread - if you look through a few of the exterior shots, you'll see what I mean.

I have a hold on 1547 Aqua Class.

So every side balcony is covered, on every level? I've never cruised Celebrity, and I realize that Solstice is new, but I have a little trouble deciphring the photos. Thanks!

BC

How funny - I've got 1549 on Equinox reserved, so I've got the one right next to you. We are both on the "forward angle", not the hump. This is GOOD because according to all the photos I've looked at, we have an unusually large balcony. The reason for this is that the exterior wall of the cabin, with the door to the balcony, is flat...but the outside edge of the balcony is angled, so the balcony gets deeper as the angle extends outward. Check out the deck plan below - it shows the exterior cabin wall angled, but in the photos, it is not...so you can see how that will make your balcony bigger.

Unfortunately, your cabin also has one of the biggest overhangs on the ship. I can't really describe that in words - you have to just look at the pictures. The overhang extends outwards right at that angle, so that it extends actually beyond the edge of the balcony. Not only is your balcony covered, but the cover goes beyond your balcony. Check out these deck plans - note how the deck above our cabins angles outwards, while the deck our cabins are on angles inwards.

sl_deck_12_resized.gifss_deck_11_penthouse.jpg

I'm actually fine with that. The pros of this cabin, IMO, outweigh the cons: it's not below the pool, like so many other AquaClass cabins - it's below the AquaSpa cafe, so I think it will be quieter than the pool. And it's got that great extended balcony. Plus it's near the AquaSpa Relaxation Room - I expect I'll be using that a lot. :)

Thanks for that photo! This is the best shot I've seen of the overhang, so now I can see that my particular cabin probably has the biggest overhang on the entire ship! Ah well, no biggie to me. It also confirms that our balconies will in fact be larger - unless the cabins are shaped like parallelograms, which I'm sure they're NOT since I've seen other photos that show that the cabins, even on the angle, are in fact rectangular. :) Actually, in the larger shot on the website, you can definitely see that the cabin wall remains flat, while the balcony angles out.

Thanks again!

Hi LeeAnne and Blue Cat:

You are both very welcome.

When posting the photo, I was VERY remiss in not giving credit to the photographer, Andreas Depping. It has been so great to have his photos of the Solstice to refer to.

If you have not visited his website, it is an immensely rich source of photos of the Solstice.

Cruiseship Gallery XXL

Photos from Andreas Depping / Germany

http://web8.506.bces.de/cruise_xxl/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=0

Thanks Andreas!!

So, LeeAnne, would your balcony be even deeper than mine? If I'm going to be covered practically anywhere I go, maybe I should see if I can move to that one!

BC

I'm not actually sure - I'd have to go dig through the photos again. If anything, yours might be deeper than mine...but it depends on whether or not the outside walls of both our cabins are lined up. If they are - y'know, if they are on the same plane - then your balcony will be significantly deeper. But I think I saw a photo somewhere that the walls are not actually lined up...that 1547's outside wall extends beyond 1549's, so the balconies are the same depth.

Editing to add: I just checked out some other shots, and it appears they ARE on the same plane...which means YOU'VE got the deepest balcony!

Archived