Fishing anyone?

Mom - (can I just call ya mom?) I looked over on Yucatan Today and see that there is quite a large marina. As a matter of fact I was on a page called Progreso Marina and Water Sports, so I'd think there would be SOME kind of charter fishing a person could do. Didn't see any links or any way to make contact, but if it's available, it must be there somewhere. Maybe I gave up to quickly. So check out www.YucatanToday.com and see if you can find something there.

I need to go back to that myself, I saw something interesting.....something about little boats that for a small fee take you over to the mangroves where you can walk around, swim, etc., but there was no food involved; no restaurant, because it DID say to bring your lunch (which you can't do - can't bring food off the ship). I want to check that out, though, in more depth. Sounds interesting.....

Thanks Kingfish. I actually had already found this website and contacted them about reservations. They responded back and said that they are not offering fishing trips at this time. I was bummed out. The website made it look really inviting.

Okay, I did it. I booked a fishing trip with K'ab. Susan has been wonderful. She has scheduled a fishing trip with transportation. Total cost for 6 will be $220. She said they bring them back around lunch time to cook whatever they catch. The guys with us are excited. Even though this is not the boat that they show on their video, it is a basic fishing boat, I think they are still going to have a blast. It will definitely be an experience. I will let all of you fisherman know how it all works out when we return. We are in Progresso on July 1st.

Wow, that's great! That's about 150-200 bucks cheaper than in Cozumel. We are going to Telchac Puerto (about 30 minutes east of Progreso) for a week long land vacation in November. From everyone I've talked to down there, you can arrange for boat with guide right at the pier on the cheap, but I don't think I would chance it if I were in Progreso for just one day. Good fishing and be sure to post some pics when you get back!!

Hopefully, I can do some diving for octopus too. The season starts in September.

Kingfish, Telchac Puerto is where they are taking them to start their fishing trip. They will go out about 1/4 mile to fish and then the boat is going to bring them back to Progresso to meet up with us girls. K'ab is the only group I found that offered fishing trips. I am sure there will be locals at the pier ready and available to take you out. With us being on a cruise we had to have something lined in advance. Good luck on your fishing trip. I will post some pictures when we get back.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

My nephew and I contacted the nice lady at SandCastleShores.com and they put us in touch with a private guide that took us out deep sea fishing in his boat. We spent about 4.5 hours and caught so many snapper and grouper we ended up releasing many of them. ;) This was about 20 minutes from Progreso near the town of Telchac.

• 4 years later...

Archived